Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed myAir
Gross 
Resmed myAir
I have been trying to setup the wireless on my AirSence Curve bu t I can find no information. I get a blinking asterisk.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed myAir
To the best of my knowledge their is nothing to set up on your machine. You simply set up an account at resmed.com/myAir and they do all the rest. That's all I did, and I've been getting emails ever since.

Don't forget to update your profile to show your new machine Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2015, 07:25 PM)rfox3304 Wrote: I have been trying to setup the wireless on my AirSence Curve bu t I can find no information. I get a blinking asterisk.

Where exactly are you seeing this blinking asterisk? If it is a blinking "No" sign (circle with diagonal line), that means you either have the machine in Airplane mode, or you do not have cellular coverage where the machine is located. Assuming you do have cellular, the modem on the machine will automatically send your data every morning, about an hour after you stop therapy.

As for your MyAir account, all you should have to do is set up your account on myair.resmed.com and be sure that you enter the correct instrument serial number under "My Account" -> "My Equipment". You can find the serial number on the back of the machine.

Post Reply Post Reply
As far as I know the symbols for cell do not blink. The blue blinking asterisk is the 'snow flake' symbol that is indicating the humidifier is in cool down mode. It's located to the left of the cell symbol. The AirSense will continue to blow air to cool down the humidifier for 20 minutes after you stop therapy.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Does this site do the same thing as the Rescan software? How much is the software?

Something concerns me about using a web site to send data to be stored elsewhere given all we know about security on the Internet? Or is the feedback you get worth the risks? Thank you for letting me know.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2015, 07:55 PM)rfin16 Wrote: Does this site do the same thing as the Rescan software? How much is the software?

Something concerns me about using a web site to send data to be stored elsewhere given all we know about security on the Internet? Or is the feedback you get worth the risks? Thank you for letting me know.

Go to the top level of the forum and look for Private Files and Links.
Drill down from there to find the software.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
It is subjective. Some people like MyAir because all they care about are the basics. Summary data if you like. ResScan has more comprehensive data.

Examples of MyAir screens

[Image: myair%20%28Mobile%29.PNG]

[Image: MyAir1%20%28Mobile%29.PNG]

[Image: myair2%20%28Mobile%29.PNG]

[Image: myair3%20%28Mobile%29.PNG]

[Image: Myair5%20%28Mobile%29.PNG]

[Image: myair6%20%28Mobile%29.PNG]

[Image: myair7%20%28Mobile%29.PNG]

That's about it.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
MyAir is certainly better than nothing, but SleepyHead is ever so much better. Still I do look at my MyAir score every day, but it tells me a lot less than SleepyHead or ResScan will. For instance MyAir will tell you how many hours you logged under the hose, and give you a lower score if you wake up more often, but what really matters to me, I have found, is the length of my longest sleep period. Last night I got nearly six hours before waking up to attend the bathroom, and since I only got up once I got 99%.
Bit it would still score me at 99% if I got two 3.5 Hour sleep periods, and I know from experience that I feel much better when I get a single sleep period of over four hours. In fact the main thing that seems to affect me the next day is how long my longest sleep period is.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2015, 07:55 PM)rfin16 Wrote: Does this site do the same thing as the Rescan software? How much is the software?

To me, myAir is like driving your car on a wintry morning with just your front windshield defrosted. ResScan or SleepyHead is like having all your windows clear.

myAir is STILL a good thing, just not as good as ResScan or SleepyHead. The standard form of CPAP therapy the medical mafia uses is like driving your car with the windows not defrosted at all. You just drive based on what the road looked like the last time you had a sleep test. Even if you do have the wireless modem, most doctors and DMEs rarely look at anything more than whether you're using the machine enough hours to get insurance to pay. Most don't even specify a fully data capable machine.

As for the risks of the wireless modem, I think it's not really a problem, and I am a professional paranoid on computer issues. The data sent over the air and internet related to your CPAP usage are not really that useful to a hacker. There's a good chance that your DME, your doctor, or your insurance company will get hacked and you'll have your information stolen, but they will have the information the hackers want whether you use the wireless modem and myAir or not.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've just started using MyAir, 4 days now, and find the information to be less that useful. The weigthing of their scoring system seem to be way off, IMO. I've also been using Sleeyhead. It gives me much more information. Where MyAir gives me a score of 95, Sleepyhead says "You had an AHI of 16.74, which is considered horrible, please consult your doctor". When I look at my results on my Airsense autoset, it shows an AHI of 22.4, Total AI of 21.6 and Cenral AI of 20.7. Isn't this the most important information? It doesn't matter how long I sleep if the machine isn't reducing my Apneas. It seems to me that MyAir should be giving me a much lower score with high apnea events.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Myair data accurate? dbinTO 2 185 03-11-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Field map Oscar report fields to MyAir fields jim62 1 160 03-06-2024, 07:38 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  MyAir: What does score_detail_score_components_usage_score mean? tottbjorn 2 660 06-06-2023, 08:36 AM
Last Post: tottbjorn
  MyAir App? Quarky68 1 941 06-07-2022, 07:17 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  MyAir Recording Mask Off Events a.paul 2 955 05-15-2022, 09:57 AM
Last Post: a.paul
  MyAir - download .cs . to creat spreadsheet. Expat31 11 2,058 02-13-2022, 01:10 PM
Last Post: SleepyCPAP
Question OSCAR Showing Different Usage Hours than MyAir BunHead 2 825 01-22-2022, 11:06 AM
Last Post: BunHead

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.