Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed replacement macine
Resmed replacement macine
Well I took my S9 Resmed machine along to ResSleep today and they told me the error message that it displays, indicates that the motor needs replacing soon. For $900 to replace the motor I thought no especially that they only give 1 year warranty.

So it looks like I am going to need to buy a new machine and they have quoted $1700 for a new Resmed Airsense S10 Autoset with built in wireless connectivity.

What are your thoughts and which supplier list could I purchase on from (at a better price)

My S9 Auto was made and purchased in 2011, with just under 22,000 sleep hours on it

Love to hear from you
Happy sleeping
From Worthog in Brightwater (Mountain Creek)Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed replacement macine
That's an average price in Australia. However a quick search online indicates that a number of suppliers are offering specials including a free mask or deeper discounts if you buy a package. Have a look at Sleep Express Australia and Perth CPAP (and a whole lot more). Perth CPAP are offering the machine for about $50 less plus a free mask of your choice.

Alternatively, consider importing a machine from the States. You probably won't get a made-in-Australia Resmed, but a Singapore model, which is probably fine. Several of the dealers on our suppliers list will export to Australia. Supplier #2 is noted for very low prices as well as near-new or "gently used" machines. Supplier #33 is apparently a very low cost no frills outfit. If you do buy from the States, don't forget to convert their prices to Aussie dollars (including whatever percentage your friendly local bank whacks on top). Plus you have to pay for postage and there will be an Australian Customs handling fee which is currently $80. And if something goes wrong Resmed won't help you - it will have to go back to the States for warranty service. Having said all that, a lot of people do buy from over there and are very satisfied with the deal.
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #33 will sell a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for $625 USD and about $100 for shipping to AU. Lots of members have used this vendor. Very reliable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would just retire your old machine and keep it as a back-up machine.
Go with Sleeprider's suggestion, there is no point in paying to much to get a machine.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,026 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,815 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 200 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,120 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 29 9,891 02-26-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Replacement Cellular Modem DMAllen 18 5,792 02-25-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Neo2020
  [Equipment] BiPAP Replacement Recommendation Prowler 1 262 01-28-2024, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.