Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed reported events
Resmed reported events
Is there a way to modify what Resmed Airsense 10 reports as an event?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed reported events
My first response would be no, but can you be more specific?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jemales! - Welcome
Like OpalRose stated, no, it is not possible to modify the reporting events on a Resmed. The reporting parameters are hard-coded into the firmware and are not modifiable by the user.

What parameter or time limit is it that you wish to change?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a few central apneas per hour since suffering a stroke. My sleep clinic is not concerned as my other apneas have reduced almost completely since I’ve been using the Airsense and AirMini machines. It is the central disturbances which reduce my RESMED score each day, but only to 98/99 %.
Post Reply Post Reply
By RESMED score, I assume you mean the MyAir score. The CPAP machine can give you more detailed information.

If you go into the Clinicians' Menu, you can change Essentials to Plus, and that will report not only the overall AHI, but by scrolling down to the bottom of the Sleep Report, you can see the distribution of event types.

And, of course, if you use OSCAR you can get a complete report of each night's therapy.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
That 98/99% really doesn't matter, that is just a number for you to keep track of if you are maintaining consistent use with the treatment or not, all the insurance cares about is the at least 4 hours for at least 70% of days for the first 3 months, and the doctors don't base anything off of that arbitrary 0-100% score the app gives, that is purely for your only personal reference and bears zero with anything or anyone besides giving you a sense of some sort of goals, I mean heck a night I had an AHI of 18.4 I got a "96%" because of the Apnea number where as a night where I had an AHI of 1.8 I got a score of "95%" because at the start of the night I was trying to figure out what was not properly attached because it was louder than normal and so had taken on and off the mask a few times not out of discomfort but because I was troubleshooting a leak issue. that percentage means nothing, the doctors don't look at that number the insurance doesn't look at that number, it is an arbitrary number to get you to set goals for yourself to actually sleep at least 7 hours seeing as it dings off points for being sub 7 hours even though compliance only requires 4 hours.

So other than a way to set personal goals to actually not stay up till 3am watching youtube and actually go to bed at a decent hour I would not worry about that arbitrary number at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's what I have to say about MyAir: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-1000-suns

Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply
jemales,

Can you clarify which AirSense you are using. The AirSense 10 Cpap only gives summary information. I hope you have either the A10 Elite or AutoSet.

Using MyAir is ok for a quick glance, but I wouldn't take their "score system" too seriously. It's more like a cheerleading squad to motivate folk to use their machine.

Now if you're worried about meeting compliance for insurance purposes, just know that insurance doesn't look at a "score". Nor do they look at your AHI. They are concerned with usage. As long as you're using your Pap machine, they're happy.

It's totally up to you to monitor the rest of it. I know there are folk here that would like to look at your data to see if the Centrals are an issue. We can advise and at least put your mind at ease.

You have OSCAR, so post a Screenshot of the daily page here. Use the links in my Signature line to guide you.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still tired and CA events liebano 0 7 12 minutes ago
Last Post: liebano
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 354 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,399 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 269 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 119 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 179 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 269 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.