Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed s10 airsense problem
Angry 
Resmed s10 airsense problem
I have used resmed cpap units for the last decade or more and I am wondering if anyone is having a bad experience with the s10 airsense unit.  My issue is it will shut down in the middle of the night or I won't get any power to heat the humidifier.  I replaced one power supply thinking that was the issue but when I plugged on the new power supply I had the same problems.  I forgot to mention that I got a message on the front of the unit that the power cord was not pushed fully into the unit.  Upon checking this the cord was fully into the socket.  Next, the cpap would not power up.  All this has been a real bother in the middle of the night.  I have gone back to using my old resmed 9 unit until I can get this resolved.
I am just wondering if anyone else has had this kind of trouble with their airsense 10 unit?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed s10 airsense problem
I have the Elite model, and maybe twice in three years of use it has shown the same message...that the power cord is not connected.  

My remedy has always been only to press the plug firmly into the receptacle on the back of the unit.  Why that should suffice, I dunno, but it does seem to make the warning go away.

You could loop an elastic band around the base of the plug and then stretch what's left around the unit, or affix it to a 'knob' you glue to the unit's side or top.

Or, take some masking tape, say green painter's tape, and fashion a collar of one single layer around the sidewall of the plug.  If it inserts into the receptacle, it will be stiff(er), or maybe it will take two/three layers, not sure.  Whatever the number, it will greatly resist the tendency for the plug to back out if the fit is very good.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got the message a few days ago saying the power was not plugged in correctly it was correct and I plugged it in correctly the message went away. I turned off the auto start so I have to push the button on the top to start/stop because I was worried it might stop during the night and I would suffocate or something. I also once didn't push the humidifier in all the way and it started to make a really loud noise when I turned it on, which then a quick push and a click and it was fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
The power plug in the machine is a component that is subject to a lot of wear and tear. I just replaced one in my laptop computer when it failed to charge or operate on the AC adapter. It's probably a very easy repair if that is the case, but I'm not aware of where you could possibly get the part. A typical power jack attaches to the case and has cables with a plug that routes to the main board and simply plugs in. If the jack has become loose or has internal issues, then it usually starts with intermittent failures that become worse. Speculation on my part, but it makes sense.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 465 1 hour ago
Last Post: Old Steve
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,822 7 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,577 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,618 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,806 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 229 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.