Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed s9 & Ripping mask off during sleep
RE: Resmed s9
Here are the stats from my machine. I'm most interested in last nights (the most recent).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
As long as the card is locked windows can't write to it so you are good. Make sure to keep it locked when in a windows 8 system.

4-20 as has been said before (my favorite), is good if you are baking a pie, not so good for cpap usually. AT a low of 4 people for the most part have issues trying to breathe feel suffocated etc. And as the pressure goes up the mask fit becomes an issue if fitted at that 4. You should definitely try and narrow the range. See if you can find the script as to what you were supposed to get. If not we can help you use the machine to determine a narrower range over the course of a few days to a week.

You're in the right place, good that you are getting on the wagon, it changed my life.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
4 is great when it starts. I love it. Based on the stats, the highest it was at last night was 6? that tells me I don't need it high.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's good, and overall even better, so narrowing the range may not be a real need for you then as it starts at 4 and doesn't get much past 6 will mean the top end won't matter as much.

My diagnosed pressure was 18, so for me personally that 4 is like trying to drink a thick milkshake out of a tiny straw.

In any event, that being the case and your pressure not going that high I would consider the reason you might be taking the mask off is just the overall feeling of discomfort and maybe a little claustrophobia. All of us have gone through that at the beginning as you need time to adapt. A very good suggestion is disconnect the hose from the mask so no hose in hanging from it, this is important, don't skip it, then after the hose is disconnect don the mask, sit around in a comfy chair, watch some tv, read a book, whatever you like to do, and let your mind and body acclimate to the feel of the mask. You are disconnecting the hose because with the machine off there is no air coming through the mask beyond what you are breathing and you want to exhale the gas out not breathe it back in.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2014, 12:27 PM)melissaruth Wrote: Quick question - I have the SD card locked right now...how do I put it into my windows 8.1 machine and make changes to it without risking the card integrity?

The SD card goes into the SD card reader slot on your computer, if yours does not have one you have to purchase a card reader. You do not make changes to your SD card you retrieve information using either Rescan or SleepyHead software that you have downloaded to your computer. Both those software programs may be downloaded here at this forum.
For free Medicare assistance for your state check out this page. http://www.seniorsresourceguide.com/dire...onal/SHIP/
or here http://www.medicareinteractive.org/
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2014, 12:27 PM)melissaruth Wrote: Quick question - I have the SD card locked right now...how do I put it into my windows 8.1 machine and make changes to it without risking the card integrity?

Generally, you don't make changes to the card on the computer. You just read the data on the computer, then put the card back into the CPAP machine.

If you decide to change the settings of your machine, you usually do that on the CPAP machine itself, although you can do changes through the ResScan program.

If you're trying to figure out how to read the data, get the free SleepyHead program or ResScan and you can look at your results on your computer.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried the settings and it helped but still had more issues with the pressure. I suspect I left it on longer but not long enough....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 185 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 583 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,082 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 342 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 488 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.