Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed s9 series (all)
RE: Resmed s9 series (all)
All I can think of is this just one word dense.

Obviously none can see the obvious, must have made it to simple.

The information is there, so good luck in your lives.

My work is finished here.

(11-03-2014, 09:55 AM)captnbilly Wrote: To allRolleyes

I am on this machine because my right lung is partially paralysed due to nerve damage other then that a little apena because of the damage.
I am renovating this house, I use two large fans (24") with filters attached when I am working on the house.
What is left in the air at night is what gets passed the filter and into the heated water then into me.
Take a closer look at your water (the last hurdle the air must travel before your body) especially if you can sleep 10 hours, you will see foreign material floating around.
If you have a cat/s or a dog/s [u]take the time to look
for hairs in that water as this makes it easier to see.[/u]
What I am pointing out is a flaw in the design nothing else, how you guys use my observation is to your own volition.

I ready don't need the advice on how to fix this issue, this is not my problem it's Resmeds'

If you want to see the picture I took look at my reply to herbm and give it a try the bill goes behind the filter

you know, waaaay back in 1996 when the Resmed machine was rather crude and did not come with an integrated humidifier, I described it to the unwashed masses as a machine that sucks room air in through the back, blows it through a tube and down the back of my throat.

Technically though it is nowadays a sophisticated piece of medical equipment that you can use in your home that pretty much keeps you alive at night.

My question to you, good sir, is who would use such a piece of equipment in an environment for which it is not designed, then complain that their nostrils and lungs are filling with reno dust?

And furthermore, who would have the audacity to expect it to be redesigned to suit people who insist on sleeping on a construction site with limited lung capacity?

riddle me this indeed.
Awww Rat dude, Billy's just expressing his opinion and experience. No need to get on him about it. But Billy, if you don't already have one, I do think you need to grab up one of those nice inexpensive Honeywell Hepa-Filter machines for you bedroom. That, and make sure your machine isn't hanging around on the floor.

(11-04-2014, 03:38 AM)captnbilly Wrote: All I can think of is this just one word dense.

Obviously none can see the obvious, must have made it to simple.

The information is there, so good luck in your lives.

My work is finished here.

And with this I am closing the thread.

When a discussion degrades to the point of going against the person and not the opinion, the line has been crossed.

And not just by Captbilly. Everyone take a step back and chill out.

If someone, even Captbilly, wishes to continue the discussion of filters and whether they work or not, please feel free to start another thread.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Thanks for closing the thread, Paula.

It's not only the ResMed units that allow one to insert a dollar bill in back of the filter, I slip in a dollar bill under the filter on my Respironics REMstar as well if the plastic cover is removed, and that one uses both a foam and paper filter. This is, (to some degree or another), the case with just about every CPAP machine filter, no matter what the brand.

The filter slots aren't designed to provide a completely unbreachable seal. They're designed to filter out the majority of particulates so the CPAP machine isn't damaged by those particulates. All CPAP machines do this and all CPAP machine filter slots are designed with this in mind. The purpose of the filter has little to do with protecting the human user - it's all about protecting the machine.

So, it's really not a valid statement to say that ResMed's filter system is worse (or better) than any other CPAP manufacturer's system. They all have loose seals that work properly while the machine is sucking air inward, creating a better seal than when no air is being sucked in, (just like oldteddybear explained).

Anyway, this thread is re-closed now.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Respironic BiPAP M series pressure settings jamesmck 3 558 09-17-2023, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Remstar pro m series two beeps how can I reset? cantgettosleep 2 1,051 05-21-2023, 10:31 AM
Last Post: cantgettosleep
  Philips Bipap auto sv advanced series one keithy62 5 595 03-23-2023, 07:56 PM
  Resmed A10 Series Power Switch Question Crimson Nape 6 632 02-02-2023, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Remstar Auto M Series "Service Required" msgill59 24 36,204 01-08-2023, 07:20 PM
  P-SERIES DIRECTORY IN MY COMPUTER caribsun 1 564 08-07-2022, 08:00 AM
  The Curious Case of Resmed 10 Series Clock Setting S. Manz 13 2,064 11-13-2021, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.