Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier:
CPAP Pressure:
CPAP Software:

Other Comments:

Sex:
Resmed silicone cushions
Hello:

Is anyone aware of an "aftermarket" supplier that makes and sells CPAP cushions? It seems that $54 for a silicone mold that most likely costs around forty cents is ridiculous. I was hoping that there is an option similiar to purchasing aftermarket car parts considerably less that the auto manufacturers outrageous prices.
01-01-2013 09:02 PM
Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
JJJ Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Most recent: Wisp, Pilairo, Mirage Vista
Humidifier: ResMed S9 Autoset
CPAP Pressure: 17-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Resmed silicone cushions
(01-01-2013 09:02 PM)thymes1@aol.com Wrote:  Is anyone aware of an "aftermarket" supplier that makes and sells CPAP cushions? It seems that $54 for a silicone mold that most likely costs around forty cents is ridiculous. I was hoping that there is an option similiar to purchasing aftermarket car parts considerably less that the auto manufacturers outrageous prices.

See the Supplier List (link at the top of the page on Apnea Board). They have the lowest prices on new materials and supplies. But also check out Craigslist and eBay. I have gotten mask parts for less than half the cost of new on eBay.
01-01-2013 09:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

(01-01-2013 09:02 PM)thymes1@aol.com Wrote:  It seems that $54 for a silicone mold that most likely costs around forty cents is ridiculous.
here the cost twice as much. now I get cushions and other parts via Supplier #10
normally full face mask cushions are the most expensive ... nasal pillows cushions are the cheapest
01-01-2013 09:59 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
big_dave Online

Advisory Members

Machine: PR System One DS560
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: F&P Pilairo Q or ResMed Mirage Activa
Humidifier: PR System One
CPAP Pressure: 14 - 20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Former ResMed S8 Autoset II user

You may want to try boiling your mask cushion with baking soda. First, clean it with soapy water. Then, heat some fresh water to boiling, add a teaspoon of baking soda, drop in the mask cushion, and let it sit until the water cools. It will come out slimy with skin oil, so clean it with soapy water again.

Do this whenever it becomes leaky or gross, typically about once a month. I've heard that you can do this about 4 or 5 times, but I haven't got there yet. You will want to keep up with the regular cleaning. I have been using the same mask cushion since last May, except for three weeks when I was trying other masks.
01-02-2013 12:27 AM
hunningsedaniel Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: fisher & pakal flexifit 432 Humidifier: H5i
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14 - 21 cm H2O PS=4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

(01-01-2013 09:59 PM)zonk Wrote:  
(01-01-2013 09:02 PM)thymes1@aol.com Wrote:  It seems that $54 for a silicone mold that most likely costs around forty cents is ridiculous.
here the cost twice as much. now I get cushions and other parts via Supplier #10
normally full face mask cushions are the most expensive ... nasal pillows cushions are the cheapest
Almost all of the major internet retailers carry cpap supplies that are much cheaper than going to your DME. Sometimes your DME's website is cheaper than your DME. Go figure.Sleep-well
01-02-2013 07:22 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Hdowning Offline

Members

Machine: Respironics REMStar Auto A-Flex
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quattro FX
Humidifier: Respironics System One
CPAP Pressure: Unsure
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

I got a new Quattro Fx silicone cushion from a well-known online retailer for $44.
02-05-2013 03:36 PM
AuntElizabeth Offline

Members

Machine: S9 Adapt
Mask Make & Model: Mirage Quattro
CPAP Pressure: 5.0 13.0

Other Comments:

Sex: Female
I found the cheapest Mirage Quattro silicone cushion on [link removed] for $40.00. I researched almost the entire list of suppliers and most of them want $54.00 for the cushion. I found that [link removed] wanted $51.00. Most of the suppliers want $32.00 for the SlimLine Tubing but found it cheaper at [link removed] and [link removed]. Amazon wanted $14.98 for the tubing and 1800Cpap wanted $12.95. It's amazing how big a price difference can be between the suppliers.

When referring someone to a supplier, please either say "Google x" or say "Supplier #x from the supplier list". In this case, you could have just said "Amazon" and "Supplier #10". Please also take the time to re-read the rules. - Moderator

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
02-08-2013 09:01 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
TorontoCPAPguy Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: S9 Autoset II
Mask Make & Model: Mirage Quattro FFM
Humidifier: H5i; Control III Germicide
CPAP Pressure: 12-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: CMS50EW Oximeter; Everflo Q O2 Concentrator; O2 Analyzer; Climate Control Hose (winter)

Quattro Pro: Silicon "Cushion" on eBay about $20 each, brand new and sealed. Shop early as they come and go.... You are buying new stock from a bankruptcy or damaged container, etc. I had one arrive in bad shape (i.e. seal on bag broken) and the vendor replaced it immediately. I wound up buying about ten of them from him as I rotate through 4 or 5 masks during the month and wash and disinfect as I please with odourless soap and a paintbrush; then soak in Control III disinfectant for 1/2 hour, then toss into hot soapy water again for a half hour, then rinse. Sounds like a lot of work but it is really not at all. After a bout of bacterial pneumonia I don't take any chances; it almost cost me my life. Having said that, I often let the masks get so gunky they are repulsive Then I wash them all, the hoses and the tanks.

Anyway, I digress. Check out eBay. I have done very well on there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Educate, Advocate, Contemplate.
Herein lies personal opinion, no professional advice, which ALL are well advised to seek.
02-10-2013 11:55 PM
AuntElizabeth Offline

Members

Machine: S9 Adapt
Mask Make & Model: Mirage Quattro
CPAP Pressure: 5.0 13.0

Other Comments:

Sex: Female
(02-08-2013 09:01 AM)AuntElizabeth Wrote:  I found the cheapest Mirage Quattro silicone cushion on [link removed] for $40.00. I researched almost the entire list of suppliers and most of them want $54.00 for the cushion. I found that [link removed] wanted $51.00. Most of the suppliers want $32.00 for the SlimLine Tubing but found it cheaper at [link removed] and [link removed]. Amazon wanted $14.98 for the tubing and 1800Cpap wanted $12.95. It's amazing how big a price difference can be between the suppliers.

When referring someone to a supplier, please either say "Google x" or say "Supplier #x from the supplier list". In this case, you could have just said "Amazon" and "Supplier #10". Please also take the time to re-read the rules. - Moderator

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----

Please pardon me. Don't want to break rules. Smile
02-11-2013 09:39 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  System One humidifier silicone seals big_dave 3 518 04-23-2016 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  DreamWear Mask - How often replace cushions Sacktime 7 2,257 02-23-2016 08:44 AM
Last Post: Sacktime
  DreamWear cushions ISnoreBadly 8 1,189 12-18-2015 03:07 PM
Last Post: ISnoreBadly
  recycle mask and cushions me50 1 879 06-23-2015 06:32 AM
Last Post: PollCat
  Will a Comfort Gel Nasal Mask accept all size cushions?Missed the Airlift P10 by hour SierraMadreMe 6 1,449 05-17-2015 11:07 PM
Last Post: SierraMadreMe
  Interchangeability of equip and mask cushions? SierraMadreMe 13 2,331 04-22-2015 07:17 PM
Last Post: SierraMadreMe
  How long do mask cushions last? Eleong2 20 4,963 03-08-2014 01:33 PM
Last Post: me50