Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed sleep therapist adjustements
First result from the resmed autoset
Good morning everyone. Coffee

Here are my first results.
I think overall i splept better. Humidity seems perfect.

Hopepneas are totally gone.
I have a lot more OA it seems they last longer. But i maye because i go deeper in my sleep phase. I had one that lasted 30 seconds
Should i be concerned about that?
I Think it's worth metionning i played sports in the evening. I usually don't do that.

This is from the nigh before on fixed pressure on my dreamstation, as a comparative.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First result from the resmed autoset
Based on the comparison of fixed pressure at 10.0 vs auto pressure at 5-15 your results were better with fixed pressure. I'm sure you can match that performance in auto CPAP but would need to use a higher minimum pressure. The respiration pattern in the last attachment shows flow limitation that could benefit from the Resmed EPR and indicates some uppper airway restriction. I think your ideal fixed CPAP pressure may be in the 11-12 range (a bit higher), and as I said, the minimum pressure in Auto mode is too low to be effective against the OA.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2020, 08:02 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Based on the comparison of fixed pressure at 10.0 vs auto pressure at 5-15 your results were better with fixed pressure.  I'm sure you can match that performance in auto CPAP but would need to use a higher minimum pressure.  The respiration pattern in the last attachment shows flow limitation that could benefit from the Resmed EPR and indicates some uppper airway restriction.  I think your ideal fixed CPAP pressure may be in the 11-12 range (a bit higher), and as I said, the minimum pressure in Auto mode is too low to be effective against the OA.

Thanks

That is really interesting. Also worth mentionning  as an external factor yesterday was a peak allergie day and i'm highly affected by them. So maybe that caused more OA. Also i though humidy was good last nigth but i have had dry nose symptomes this morning. Or maybe its the allergies. Plus the Air conditionning season started yesterday. In any case my nose was clogged more than usual yesterday as it is today.

Here are my options:

1)Tonight I could use the dreamstation on automode (5-10) to see if humidity was a factor in OA
2)I could try to get better humidity settings with the autoset and see how it goes over a couple of nights (I would't know what to change: himidity is a 5 and temperature at 25) (ambiant temperature was between 30 and 23 yesterday)
3)I could change the minimum pressure on the autoset
4) I could leave everything as is to see over a couple of days of OA lower.
Post Reply Post Reply
Number 3 increase min pressure. Higher minimums are needed with PR Auto machines because their choice of algorithms is slower than ResMed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2020, 09:48 AM)bonjour Wrote: Number 3 increase min pressure.  Higher minimums are needed with PR Auto machines because their choice of algorithms is slower than ResMed.

Bonjour, Bonjour

Oh option 3 is for the resmed airsense 10 autoset Unit.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, if you have a Resmed Autoset, what are you waiting for?
Mode Autoset
Minimum pressure 7.0
Maximum pressure 15.0
EPR full-time Setting 3.

Don't go overboard on humidity. At this time of year in manual (not auto mode), settings should be less than 4.0 and tube temperature about 27 C or 80 F. On the Autoset be sure to set Essentials to Plus (default is ON).

I was a bit confused by the title of this thread and your images of Philips Dreamstation therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2020, 10:22 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Well, if you have a Resmed Autoset, what are you waiting for?
Mode Autoset
Minimum pressure 7.0
Maximum pressure 15.0
EPR full-time Setting 3.

Don't go overboard on humidity.  At this time of year in manual (not auto mode), settings should be less than 4.0 and tube temperature about 27 C or 80 F.  On the Autoset be sure to set Essentials to Plus (default is ON).

I was a bit confused by the title of this thread and your images of Philips Dreamstation therapy.

Oh my bad. I mistakenly replaced the first image when doing my orignal post. It was supposed to be this one.

I can't edit the first post. But here it is.
EPR is like you recommended.
Post Reply Post Reply
Even with the Autoset you need higher minimum pressure. 7.0 is the lowest end, and I would not hesitate to say you shoul duse 9.0-10.0 as a minimum.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2020, 10:22 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Well, if you have a Resmed Autoset, what are you waiting for?
Mode Autoset
Minimum pressure 7.0
Maximum pressure 15.0
EPR full-time Setting 3.

Don't go overboard on humidity.  At this time of year in manual (not auto mode), settings should be less than 4.0 and tube temperature about 27 C or 80 F.  On the Autoset be sure to set Essentials to Plus (default is ON).

Just out of curiosity what are the drawbacks of putting too much humidity? 

Btw thx a lot everybody for your comments they are very insightful.
Post Reply Post Reply
Humidity is good as long as you're comfortable. Excess humidity can cause congestion. A lower humidity can cause evaporation in the nasal passages to decrease which can result in excess moisture, and lack of evaporative cooling which can be perceived as stuffiness. The objective should be to balance humidity so it doesn't feel like breathing in a steam room or a cold desert night. If it's wrong, you should be the first one to know.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 178 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 547 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 160 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 204 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Resmed ASV settings for mild sleep apnea and UARS? Gettingbetter33 3 491 01-10-2024, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 785 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2
  Meaning of information on "Sleep Report" Resmed Aircurve Auto fredhaddock 3 480 11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.