Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed sleep therapist adjustements
Resmed sleep therapist adjustements
Good morning everyone.  Coffee

Before increasing the minimum pressure from 5 to 7-9 on my resmed the sleep therapist did 2 things to try to improve my sleep therapy
She removed the EPR and changed auto set for her to regular autoset

It did destroy my OA but now i have large leaks

Mode: APAP

What are those leaks? Is it because my mouth is open? Is related with EPR removed or regular autoset. I have rarely seen this much leak.
Maybe it's just a random nigth.

Here are the data from the previous nigth with autoset for her and EPR at 3.

What do you guys think?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed sleep therapist adjustements
Ghandi,
The two charts you posted are identical, same day, both say Apap mode, EPR set to 3 (ramp only).

Please repost. Here are the graphs we need to see: Events, Pressure (not mask pressure), Flow Rate, Flow Limitations and Leak Graph.

Always include left side bar, minus pie chart and calendar.

Use the link in my signature line for guidance in organizing the chart.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2020, 06:42 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Ghandi,
The two charts you posted are identical, same day, both say Apap mode, EPR set to 3 (ramp only).

Please repost. Here are the graphs we need to see:  Events, Pressure (not mask pressure), Flow Rate, Flow Limitations and Leak Graph.

Always include left side bar, minus pie chart and calendar.

Use the link in my signature line for guidance in organizing the chart.

It is fixed now. Thanks for helping me with this.
Post Reply Post Reply
The only setting change I saw was EPR is now Ramp Only. This should not affect leak rates. It's possible this was a difference between nights, because each night is going to be different. If leaks are a concern to you, you need to address whether or not the mask cushion is the right size and that it's adjusted properly. I can't see how the proposed setting changes should affect leaks.

The secondary thing is for you to edit your UserCP to reflect the correct machine on your user profile so that those looking at your posts know the machine and settings you are on.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2020, 08:24 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: The only setting change I saw was EPR is now Ramp Only. This should not affect leak rates. It's possible this was a difference between nights, because each night is going to be different. If leaks are a concern to you, you need to address whether or not the mask cushion is the right size and that it's adjusted properly. I can't see how the proposed setting changes should affect leaks.

The secondary thing is for you to edit your UserCP to reflect the correct machine on your user profile so that those looking at your posts know the machine and settings you are on.

About the user CP I will do. Currently it's a trial from the CPAP vendor. I own a dreamstation fixed.

About the leak. I have been using that mask for 6 years now with the dreamstation and previous respironnics machine. It's the third night with the resmed machine and I never had leaks in that range before yesterday.  I find it really odd. Could be coincidential. 

Also it was set on autoset instead of autoset for her and I had 1 rera compared to the previous nights
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First result from the resmed autoset
The follow up is on this thread: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...justements
Post Reply Post Reply
I appreciate that you posted the chart from before the RT changes, however we like members to stick to one therapy thread if possible in order to help us keep the history together. As I recall, we previously demonstrated that you tolerate a higher fixed pressure with better results than auto pressure in a wide range. While OA was lower without EPR using the same pressure of 5-15, it simply shows that EPR was undercutting the needed EPAP pressure to keep OA controlled. We were working on increasing minimum pressure, but maintaining EPR. I think that is still your best course for comfort and effectiveness. I'm pretty sure we could match the performance of 5-15 without EPR, by using auto pressure at 9-15 wtih EPR at 2 or 3, and your comfort would increase, and pressure changes would be fewer. If you want to keep EPR off, then you still need to raise the minimum pressure to near the median of 7.0.

I'm not a big fan of the Autoset For Her mode, and usually get better results with Autoset Standard. I think that probably has more to do with better control of OA than the other changes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2020, 11:17 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I appreciate that you posted the chart from before the RT changes, however we like members to stick to one therapy thread if possible in order to help us keep the history together.   As I recall, we previously demonstrated that you tolerate a higher fixed pressure with better results than auto pressure in a wide range.  While OA was lower without EPR using the same pressure of 5-15, it simply shows that EPR was undercutting the needed EPAP pressure to keep OA controlled.  We were working on increasing minimum pressure, but maintaining EPR. I think that is still your best course for comfort and effectiveness.  I'm pretty sure we could match the performance of 5-15 without EPR, by using auto pressure at 9-15 wtih EPR at 2 or 3, and your comfort would increase, and pressure changes would be fewer.  If you want to keep EPR off, then you still need to raise the minimum pressure to near the median of 7.0.  

I'm not a big fan of the Autoset For Her mode,  and usually get better results with Autoset Standard.  I think that probably has more to do with better control of OA than the other changes.
It all makes sense. I will post in the other thread when I get new data. Is there anyway to merge my original post from this thread to the other one?

What about the leaks? Do you think it's coincidential as well?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Ghandi,
Your two threads have been merged.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2020, 01:03 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Ghandi,
Your two threads have been merged.

Awesome  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 184 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 580 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Resmed ASV settings for mild sleep apnea and UARS? Gettingbetter33 3 494 01-10-2024, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 793 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2
  Meaning of information on "Sleep Report" Resmed Aircurve Auto fredhaddock 3 486 11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.