Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed sleep therapist adjustements
RE: Resmed sleep therapist adjustements
(05-31-2020, 07:57 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Stay with the current settings for a few more nights to get a baseline. Autoset for her reacts more to flow limitation, and you don't really need that.  These results are exactly what we want to see, and for the record, "I told you so".
 Yep, I will will not change anything for a few more nigths now. And i never had any doubt what you were saying was true Smile I Just needed to be able to understand and explain it to my sleep therapist Smile

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning  Coffee

I had another great nigth full of dreams. My centrals apneas are a little more elevated
But i only had one OA  like

I think we found the sweet spot!

Also i was wondering if you guys changed the heated tubing once a year?
I use to keep em longer than that but was recently advised against it. Is it relevant or just to sell more tubes?

And do you use the long brush to clean the interior?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello everyone, 

I had large leaks again. Maybe it's time to use a new airfit p10. How often do you guys change yours?
The OA seems to be on the rise again. Mornincoffee  I had one event lasting 26 seconds.
However i think i might be harboring a cold.

Any thoughs, comments, suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
I change the P10 cushion when it does not seal well or loses form, and the headgear when too loose. The headgear does respond well to laundering an drying to restore some shape. I think i am dispensed a new mask every 6 months and several cushions per month. I have acquired a bit of a surplus.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2020, 08:03 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I change the P10 cushion when it does not seal well or loses form, and the headgear when too loose.  The headgear does respond well to laundering an drying to restore some shape.  I think i am dispensed a new mask every 6 months and several cushions per month. I have acquired a bit of a surplus.

Oh that's a great idea. I'm going to try that. Do you use the dryer at a specific temperature? I'm guessing you Lauder in hot water?

I didn't know I could get cushions only. If I manage to get some of them back into shape I'll order cushions as well Smile

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess you could throw the P10 headgear in with the other laundry, but I usually use dishwashing soap in the sink.  I dry mine in the microwave. Just don't get overzealous with the nuke cycle.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2020, 10:59 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I guess you could throw the P10 headgear in with the other laundry, but I usually use dishwashing soap in the sink.  I dry mine in the microwave.  Just don't get overzealous with the nuke cycle.

I usually us dishwashing soap in the sink as well.

Oh does it shrink back the the strap in the microwave to restore some shape?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2020, 06:01 AM)Ghandi Wrote: Hello everyone, 

I had large leaks again. Maybe it's time to use a new airfit p10. How often do you guys change yours?
The OA seems to be on the rise again. Mornincoffee  I had one event lasting 26 seconds.
However i think i might be harboring a cold.

Any thoughs, comments, suggestions?
My wife confirmed(complained) ? those leaks are mouth leaks. So the mask seems to stay in place. Maybe I'm not harboring a cold finally and I have a sore throat and runny nose because of that. Could the lack of humidity cause the mouth leaks?

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
I just launder with other items in warm/cold rinse and into the dryer. Nasal cushions are usually supplied at least 2 per month. Have your supplier check on the frequency allowed by your insurance and let your copay be your guide. I get 1 filter per month, tube replacement and humidifier container twice per year. Keeping equipment fresh makes it better.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2020, 02:04 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I just launder with other items in warm/cold rinse and into the dryer. Nasal cushions are usually supplied at least 2 per month. Have your supplier check on the frequency allowed by your insurance and let your copay be your guide. I get 1 filter per month, tube replacement and humidifier container twice per year. Keeping equipment fresh makes it better.

I just checked with my insurance company and there are no limits on the frequency of changed for those accessories 

That's great I-love-Apnea-Board

Thanks again for the advice!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 179 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 547 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 160 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 204 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Resmed ASV settings for mild sleep apnea and UARS? Gettingbetter33 3 491 01-10-2024, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 785 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2
  Meaning of information on "Sleep Report" Resmed Aircurve Auto fredhaddock 3 481 11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.