Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed warranty
Resmed warranty
Does anyone know if Resmed carries over warranty on machines from owner to owner? Say I purchased a fairly new machine would the warranty still be valid if I'm the second owner ,acquiring it off of Craig's?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed warranty
Resmed and Respironics services warranties through their DME (authorized seller) network. When purchasing through Craigslist that avenue is generally not available. There are however reputable servicing companies in our Supplier List, and if you can describe a problem, someone on the forum may have experienced or fixed it previously.

The machines are pretty reliable, and Craigslist can be a good source of savings. Just keep in mind you will not have warranty support, and the price should reflect that fact. There is one exception; there is a seller of new machines that advertises widely on Craigslist. For example they sell the Airsense 10 Autoset at $495. That seller is a distributor (clandestine), and may be able to provide warranty service. You would have to ask.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My experience:

I purchased an Airsense Autoset 10 from a seller on Craigslist. All was good for 6 months. Then, it developed a whining/groaning noise.

Figuring the warranty would not be honored, i sent it to a repair facility in south florida. Fixed price repair was advertised as $200.

after a few days, they emailed to say they verified the problem and Resmed would replace the unit.

i ended up paying $71 for shipping costs to/from them and Resmed. i got a new machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have an Autoset S9 I've had for close to five years. About a year ago its readings started to go all over the place. I took it to the supplier and they replaced the main unit at no charge. They said they replace things at no charge until a user is eligible to get a new model (five years in my case).
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 warranty case labrat 3 187 03-21-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] SD card voids warranty? DTDude 20 1,211 11-30-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Does Philips not offer international warranty (USA -> Australia)? BHappy 2 1,377 05-15-2020, 08:46 PM
Last Post: BHappy
  [CPAP] support, services, warranty for overseas purchase of Apex XT auto SunHu 12 2,688 08-14-2019, 04:14 AM
Last Post: SunHu
  Is a discount and extended warranty enough to justify using the DME everyone hates? Stom 9 1,788 07-15-2018, 01:39 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Devilbiss Blue warranty in Australia swaziman 0 1,282 08-06-2017, 12:09 AM
Last Post: swaziman
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 10 warranty impact of changing SD card aenpa 4 2,628 05-12-2016, 03:14 PM
Last Post: palerider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.