Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed10 repair
Question 
Resmed10 repair
I bought a used resmed 10 asv online and it has a couple problems, it has a unacceptable strong perfume smell that I'm allergic to and it makes a revving noise as it changes pressure.

I have a resmed10 vauto that I don't use anymore, but it doesn't have any odor and it still works.

Can I take apart the asv and the vauto and switch the circuit board from the asv over into the vauto?  Is it the same motor and sensors inside the two units, just different circuit boards and programing?

If not, how much would be a fair price for a repair shop to charge to replace the air pump and various inside bits that smell?

Any advice is welcome.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed10 repair
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...isassembly

This guy disassembled his cpap machine to get rid of the smell.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. Just not sure if the units use the same parts for the blower mechanism.  Would save me time and grief if I can just swap the circuit boards rather than having to disassemble, clean the plumbing and replace the motor.  Don't know if there are any extra sensors for the asv version that would prevent that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ends up its easier to swap the blower mechanism. 

Also, I did some cleaning to get rid of the smell from the old parts. 
I was able to completely remove the scent from the various hard plastic parts with soap and water. (I used plain ivory bar soap shaved into hot water)
I was able to mostly got rid of the scent from the round foam bit.
Washing the silicon motor sleeve once only partially reduced the scent. 

I plan to try washing the foam and the sleeve again to see if I can reduce the scent even more.

Not sure how to remove the scent from the old motor. But since it is noisy, unless there is a way to repair it, I don't care too much about that.  (Does anyone know how to reduce the noise, can it be oiled?)
Post Reply Post Reply
I wouldn't recommend oiling the motor. Even 3 in 1 oil has an odor.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] resmed apap repair sleeper2460 4 514 11-24-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Nightynite
Money [CPAP] Repair Z1 or purchase Pilot-24 Lite Battery CJH1968 3 595 08-13-2023, 08:10 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Internal cpap repair parts mzipp 8 5,585 08-10-2023, 05:29 PM
Last Post: sms832
  Resmed BiPAP repair company in U.S? 17WRX 3 710 05-13-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Airfit P10 Repair JJJ 3 1,280 10-28-2022, 03:35 PM
Last Post: JungleJim
  Do it yourself REPAIR forum AC Hunter 1 917 09-14-2022, 09:28 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  [Equipment] Resmed ClimateLine repair? jeffparker 8 895 08-16-2022, 12:00 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.