Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed9 error - Motor Fault
Resmed9 error - Motor Fault
I was changing the filer and when I was done my machine gave me a error Motor Fault.  No sure if it is a conscience or something I did.  it is a resmed 9 and worked great previously.  Anyone have any tips or tricks to get it working before bed tonight.  Thanks for any help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed9 error - Motor Fault
G'day seniorabreu. Welcome to Apnea Board.

Changing the filter shouldn't cause a motor problem unless you somehow shoved the filter right into the mechanism (which is next to impossible). Alternatively, did the filter have any sort of plastic wrapper which should be removed?

I think it's likely a coincidence and your motor is definitely on the fritz. My recent experience with a faulty humidifier is that the error message occurs occasionally at first, then gets more frequent until the thing stops completely. It's best to nip this one in the bud and get it checked out.

Two further suggestions - 1) your machine might be reaching the age where it can be replaced under insurance or Medicare.
2) Do you have any sort of extended warranty? My machine is now 5 years old, but I got a new humidifier and blower motor under the extended warranty.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed9 error - Motor Fault
(09-03-2018, 06:47 PM)seniorabreu Wrote: I was changing the filer and when I was done my machine gave me a error Motor Fault.  No sure if it is a conscience or something I did.  it is a resmed 9 and worked great previously.  Anyone have any tips or tricks to get it working before bed tonight.  Thanks for any help.

was it motor fault or 'Motor life exceeded'?

The motor life exceeded apparently happens once you reach a set # of hours, even if it is still working. Like my s9 still runs, but I am having to replace it because I got the life exceeded error and I want to make sure I don't get any downtime if the machine does stop working.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed blower motor disassembly PinehillJoe 3 102 04-15-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  S9 Blower Motor vk3hjq 106 17,068 04-06-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Restrepo
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 6 7,225 03-30-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Ron LI
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 33 10,484 03-29-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 401 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
Gross DreamStation Error Front Panel drouou 2 231 02-10-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: drouou
  Changing Motor on AirCurve10 ASV Stockton2Malone2 1 327 01-22-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.