Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resperonics system One BiPap hard to start
Resperonics system One BiPap hard to start
Hi, First post for me here. For the past three weeks I have had to huff and puff to kick my BiPap ( CPAP ) in to gear with mask. The press button rarely works to start it now. Sometimes I remove the SD card and/or the humidifier tray and reinsert and sometimes that seems to help.
My unit is about 3 years old and I would be lost without it. I have 17 lbs inhale and 13 lbs exhale pressure. My Dr ordered a check on my SD card and the company wont get back to me. I also have 3 liters of oxygen hooked up as well to my tube.
What can I do? Is my unit getting ready to die? Thank you.
I know I should take a deep breath and relax but I can't. LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resperonics system One BiPap hard to start
I suspect your unit is going south on you. If you have checked all the easy stuff, like verifying that the plug is securely connected at the wall receptacle, the power cord is firmly inserted into the machine, etc, etc, then you'll need to take it in to your DME supplier for a replacement. Call them asap for further info since they may need to expedite getting a replacement unit. Involve your doctor as well so that you will get taken care of sooner.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried using the mask auto on feature? Is the button the issue or the unit? If the button the auto on may help you. Just a thought.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night after posting, I looked around some more in this forum. From there I found a post that mentioned changing the SD card. I got a used 2GB card and formatted it and somehow go through the menu and set up a few things different. Auto on was on. But the start up number for using the mask to start was at something like 7.5 so I changed it to 4.5. I don't know what changes made a difference but it started right up both by pressing the button and using the mask to kick it on. Thank you for the responses too. Hopefully I am good to go.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Wheezing in Williamsport,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully yougot your machine straightened out.
Yes, there is lots of great information here on the board.
One thing I might suggest, I know these machines are expensive, but you might take a look at Supplier #2 here on this forum. They have either open-boxed or gently-used machines at great prices, this way, you will have a backup machine.
The suppliers list is at the top of each page.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and I wish you much success as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I thought I had it fixed but I couldn't get it to start up period. Then I took out my SD card and it started up on its own. Weird? Hope it does when I hit the hay tonight. I'm leaving the SD card out and calling the Medical supplies place I got it tomorrow. Maybe it needs serviced or re-programed. I'll update later.

I also checked out secondwind up there. It's an alternative solution. Thank you trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
There could be a break in some foil of the circuit board and when you move the SD card around, it might cause it to intermittently make connection or break connection, depending on your luck at the moment. Usually that type of problem is responsive to temperature change so that might explain why it often happens in the middle of the night when things often cool down. The reverse can also be true and it may fail under rising temperatures. I'd not trust it so you're thinking right when you mention calling the place that sold it to you.

Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
Could be a fault in the SD card socket as well, could be the card reader function is shot and putting the card in there is creating a fault.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got a friendly reply from my medical supplies person. They told me they will check it out and I might get a new unit that was used for maybe a month and returned from a Medicare patient that was not using it so Medicare refused to pay on it. It's like new and won't cost much. Then I might sell my broken unit to that secondwind place if it turns out this is the case. Just hope it holds out til I get it working or get a new used one.
Post Reply Post Reply
I like to have a back up unit in the closet, ready to go. Just in case. When my BiPAP started to fail I bought another one used on craigslist, and then the ResMed VPAP Auto that I'm using now.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,506 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Resmed Heating System Errors btreger 0 116 04-05-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Inspire system JThammer 15 389 04-04-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 6 7,057 03-30-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Ron LI
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,894 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 376 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 478 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.