Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respiratory Effort Related Arousal
Respiratory Effort Related Arousal
what are RERA type sleep events in sleep study? 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respiratory Effort Related Arousal
RERAs are defined as a series of flow limitations/hypopneas ending in arousal.
Post Reply Post Reply
i dont see anything close to this on my sleep report
Post Reply Post Reply
does it need special sleep test? i dont see anything related to REPA on my test

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Typically it will show as the difference between RDI and AHI. Your test apparently didn't address it. Don't worry about it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I read on this board that females should use autoset 10 for her resmed machine.  my sleep doctor never prescribed for her machines. i was told machine only make difference
in RERA type sleep disruption. Any idea how to test for that?
Post Reply Post Reply
Not all sleep studies test for this, but here is some information from the wiki that may help explain.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ndex_(RDI)
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
"RERA is reported as an event by some CPAP machines". I am assuming it is reported by Resmed auto sense for her machine. Is it correct?
Post Reply Post Reply
RERA's are reported on the AirSense 10 For Her and also on the regular AirSense AutoSet.  It is an event, but not counted in the AHI, but equally important as it can cause arousals and disruptions to sleep.  

You would do well on either machine, but if you have a chance to get the "For Her", it would give you one extra Mode to try.  

The regular A10 modes are Cpap and Auto Cpap (standard or soft response).
The A10 For Her modes are Cpap, Auto Cpap (standard or soft response) and the For Her mode.

You may or may not have use for the "For Her" mode, but considering the machines cost are the same, it makes sense to try to get the "For Her".  Also, be aware that insurance pays out the same reimbursement to DME's regardless of which you get.

And it's not unusual for sleep doctors or RT's to dismiss the AutoSet For Her as the only difference being design.  Many men also use the For Her.   You can check out ResMed's website for complete descriptions and differences in the Cpaps.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have for her model but i font see it reported in myair. Is this something doctor or RT can see? Do i have to download Oscar to see it?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do these waveforms represent an arousal BigWing 2 106 03-26-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 114 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Poor Sleep Quality/ Respiratory Rates flyingg103 3 249 02-29-2024, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Improve Respiratory Rate? MrIvanDrago 4 343 02-16-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Can respiratory effort be inferred from OSCAR data? alienfrontier 1 229 02-02-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Diagnosis] Fractured sleep: Spontaneous arousal or breathing related? Twoshade 8 558 12-24-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Twoshade
  Sleep Apnea and Cushing's disease related? NorthernGuy 4 406 12-19-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.