Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respiratory Rate Increase - Thoughts on This Please
RE: Respiratory Rate Increase - Thoughts on This Please
It appears EPR 2 resulted in fewer events than EPR 3, mainly OA events. I think the main issue here is the reduction of EPAP which allowed obstructive events to sneak in. If EPR 3 is to be successful, you will need increase minimum pressure by at least 1-cm. As far as nocturia, my brother-in-law has had a long history of BPH and it evolved into urinary retention to the point he had to catheterize this year, and is probably looking at a prostate reduction surgery. The problem seems to be urinary retention rather than production.

Your pressure chart has a very large y-axis scale and you should reset it to Auto-Scale or Override settings of 0 to 14.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respiratory Rate Increase - Thoughts on This Please
Thanks, Sleeprider.  I'll go back to the "drawing board" and continue to experiment.  

Re: nocturia, fortunately I do not have any significant retention at this time.  Hopefully it will stay that way. Yes, I have a BPH problem that is being treated.  We'll see.  Thank you for your comment on that as well.  I'll also reset my chart.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 234 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 113 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  flow rate and leak rate question sleepingbetterinFl 0 88 03-21-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 134 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.