Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respiratory Rate Question
RE: Respiratory Rate Question
Same here, default settings. That little transient in flow data could be as simple as a mini-snore caused by the soft palate.
On the high rate pressure, you can see the limits on IPAP and EPAP. I'm sort of cruising in the middle.

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been doing some looking around and it looks to me like the answer may be to reduce the trigger sensitivity somewhat. I am interested to hear what jaycee comes up with before I make any changes.

Last night I was back to having some respiratory rate spiking but not too long duration.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2014, 03:12 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Following are the additional settings:

Ti(max)-2.0
Ti(min)-0.3
Rise Time=700ms
Trigger=med
Cycle=med

These are all factory default settings I believe except the rise time. I just found out that the rise time factory default is 150ms and I just double checked the actual setting to make sure that I had not mis-read it.

My "default" that I put most patients on would be I max 2.5, I min 0.5, Rise 350, med, med

Those would change based on patient comfort (some people like quick insp, some slower, some trigger too easy, some not easy enough) or certain underlying disease conditions (COPD, ALS, anything that effects lung condition).

You should be able to adjust your settings while awake and go by what feels most comfortable when you are relaxed and breathing normally (which is essentially what I do when I set a patient up). If I detect any sort of "hitches", I will adjust settings to make it more comfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply
I run with the defaults. I do not have control of Trise because I have "easy breathe" set to on.
That grays out Trise.

As far as comfort -- my setup is comfortable.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Jaycee,

I tried your "default settings" last night except I only dropped the rise time to 450ms. I will drop it to 350 tonight. I had a little respiratory rate spiking but the spiking event clusters did not last too long. I had no problem tolerating the settings. after my change tonight, I will see how it goes for a while.

Thanks again for the info.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 0 69 04-16-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 349 04-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 333 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 3 939 04-08-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 12 366 03-29-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 10 406 03-29-2024, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,474 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.