Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics 460 Humidifer Woes
Money 
Respironics 460 Humidifer Woes
I've been without insurance after job things getting jumbled up, so I could use some ideas.

I have a Philips Respironics ResMStar Plus 460 and I have been struggling without a functioning heater for months. I had disassembled the original one, cleaned it and it limped through for a few nights. Nothing seemed obviously wrong with it. So I broke down and ordered a replacement heater with the heated tubing and all. Got it a day ago. It worked briefly and now, nada.

I have a new 80W power supply that came with it. The unit seems to recognize it. I worked through the settings which all appear correct. But...

When I turn it on, the heater light will flash along with the number on the dial. You can almost hear something cycling and making the fan change pitch. I've also tried the preheat mode and the indicator comes on then goes away after a second or two.

I'm at a loss here.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks all.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics 460 Humidifer Woes
Correction, it's a 260P.

Couldn't edit my post. Apologies.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome and I hear your pain on the job / insurance and all the rest..

Go here; http://www.sleepapnea.org/

On the first page, scroll down towards the bottom and on the left hand side you'll find a "CPAP ASSISTANCE PROGRAM" link.

Maybe they can help you... No guarantees.. just one of the links my Sleep Dr. gave me... so I'll share it with you.

Good Luck let us know how it works for you.
Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
Post Reply Post Reply
Try this. Unplug it. Take the humidifier off. Start the blower unit see if it works alone.
If it does, unplug it again. Put the humudifier back on make sure its securely attached.
Dont put the heated hose on yet.
Start the machine. It should automatically run in System One humidity mode like your old humidifier did.

If everything is working, stop the machine DONT unplug it and hook up the heated hose.
If it acts up then the hose is bad likely.

At least then you will likely know where the problem is. Blower unit, humidifier, or hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi oldandtired,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with getting your machine straightened out.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much for the info.

I'm so stubborn, I keep figuring I must be able to do something to fix it. However, that is a good option since I'm not finding any leads.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2016, 01:32 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi oldandtired,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with getting your machine straightened out.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.

Thank you For the warm welcome.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will tell you what I found with my PR system one humidifer. Inside the cpap case is a white 3 conductor connector that connects a circuit board to the plug on the outside of the cpap that make connection to the humidifier. Because of a bad design the white connector overheats and no longer makes a good connection. My white connector was blackened where one pin made the connection.

On one machine, I cleaned the carbon off of both pin and female part of the connector. On another machine it required replacement of the three pin connector inside the machine.

google this phrase

Fix: Respironics System One (50 series) Humidifier Problems
Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent information. Thank you.

In hindsight, I recall my blower motor becoming very loud a month of so before the heater stopped working.

My current theory is that the blower motor went bad and is overdrawing current. Then when the humidifier heater turns on, it is under-volting and switching off.

So the question is, how would one come up with a replacement blower?

Any thoughts?

Tnx.
Post Reply Post Reply
Really, with a pressure of 16, you deserve a better machine that reports useful data. That pressure often qualifies for bilevel therapy so you get two pressures, inhale and exhale. What is your insurance situation? Do you need to self-finance? Do you have a copy of your prescription? Have you tried searching for Auto CPAP, dx500t11, or Autoset on Amazon?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,048 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 228 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 673 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,406 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure Xsoldier2000 15 2,294 01-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Buck
  Airsense 10 humidifer reservoir runs dry after 4 hours jwtm 18 1,197 12-24-2023, 06:44 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.