Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics 560 550 system one and generators. Straight from the horses mouth
RE: Respironics 560 550 system one and generators. Straight from the horses mouth
(09-23-2014, 10:33 PM)Galactus Wrote:
(09-23-2014, 05:58 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: ...
CO.

Oooooooooo a grammar police person....... Now I see how it is around here. At least we should correctly correct it then as;

CO2.

How's that? Dont-know

CO and CO2 ? Eat-popcorn

Fat Rat
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics 560 550 system one and generators. Straight from the horses mouth
(09-24-2014, 12:33 AM)Fat Rat Wrote:
(09-23-2014, 05:58 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: ...
CO.

Oooooooooo a grammar police person....... Now I see how it is around here. At least we should correctly correct it then as;

CO2.

How's that? Dont-know

CO and CO2 ? Eat-popcorn

Fat Rat

'Nuff said?

[Image: TrappedRat-blue.jpg]
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Auaaaaaaa!

crygreen

Dead Rat
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-23-2014, 05:58 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote:
(09-22-2014, 05:46 PM)Galactus Wrote: I almost did forget to say that despite saying it all the time. Make sure to keep the generator far enough away from the house to avoid any fire or C02 poisoning as it is odorless and tasteless.

CO.

CO2.

How's that? Dont-know

The difference between CO and CO2 is literally a life or death proposition.

We've had a number of people who panicked because they heard that carbon dioxide builds up in their mask and they were thinking of carbon monoxide.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2014, 04:36 AM)archangle Wrote:
(09-23-2014, 05:58 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: CO.

CO2.

How's that? Dont-know

The difference between CO and CO2 is literally a life or death proposition.

We've had a number of people who panicked because they heard that carbon dioxide builds up in their mask and they were thinking of carbon monoxide.

I agree, just keep in mind I was corrected for C02 vs CO2, not Carbon dioxide vs Carbon Monoxide.

FatRat I thought you'd like that Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2014, 08:58 PM)Galactus Wrote: I agree, just keep in mind I was corrected for C02 vs CO2, not Carbon dioxide vs Carbon Monoxide.

It's still an incorrect report of a correct correction that you have incorrectly stated.

You should have said, "I was corrected for CO vs CO2" Bless your heart.

What irk me is the inability to post subscript here...oh, wait, I'm irking in the wrong place...forgive me, I'll clean it up. Nervous

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2014, 05:32 PM)surferdude2 Wrote: Yeah, I wouldn't hesitate to run my ResMed stuff from any typical job site or emergency generator that I have used in the past.

BTW, If you are one of those who already has the automobile power adapter to run your CPAP while on the road, you can use that to run it at home when the power is off while charging the car battery from the 12 V.D.C. output on the generator that many/most of them have. Just think, you might be able to run it all night from the car's battery and run the generator in the daytime to do the recharge. That way you wouldn't have to listen to the noise all night. Just be sure you keep the generator in a place that is as well ventilated.

Or you could buy a spare car battery (deep cycle one would be even better) and use it instead of your car's battery. Either way would do and at the same time satisfy the folks who are concerned about the generator's output waveform. That would be much cheaper than buying a pure sine wave output generator.

Hubby & I plan to buy the requisite machine specific adapter (he has PR System One & I have the ResMed 9 AutoSet), the needed 12 volt cables with alligator clips, a deep cycle marine battery for each of us and We will be Set! We already have the battery charger and a generator and will charge the batteries as needed.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2014, 09:31 PM)Evpraxia Wrote:
(09-22-2014, 05:32 PM)surferdude2 Wrote: Yeah, I wouldn't hesitate to run my ResMed stuff from any typical job site or emergency generator that I have used in the past.

BTW, If you are one of those who already has the automobile power adapter to run your CPAP while on the road, you can use that to run it at home when the power is off while charging the car battery from the 12 V.D.C. output on the generator that many/most of them have. Just think, you might be able to run it all night from the car's battery and run the generator in the daytime to do the recharge. That way you wouldn't have to listen to the noise all night. Just be sure you keep the generator in a place that is as well ventilated.

Or you could buy a spare car battery (deep cycle one would be even better) and use it instead of your car's battery. Either way would do and at the same time satisfy the folks who are concerned about the generator's output waveform. That would be much cheaper than buying a pure sine wave output generator.

Hubby & I plan to buy the requisite machine specific adapter (he has PR System One & I have the ResMed 9 AutoSet), the needed 12 volt cables with alligator clips, a deep cycle marine battery for each of us and We will be Set! We already have the battery charger and a generator and will charge the batteries as needed.

Sounds like a good plan!
Post Reply Post Reply
You do realize the difference don't you???? CO = Carbon Monoxide (hence the lack of the implied subscript of the numeral 1) and CO2 = Carbon Dioxide (hence the subscript 2 meaning dioxide)... I could post subscript but I don't want to show off. I can't tell you how since I swore not to tell anyone or else I'd have to whack you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not intending to irk anyone, but instead of CO2, it's really CO2

Sorry surferdude2, I can't reveal the secret to posting subscripts publicly, because too many people would just keep using it to show off.

Bigwink
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 29 4 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 366 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,612 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,052 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 313 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,080 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.