Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics 560 550 system one and generators. Straight from the horses mouth
RE: Respironics 560 550 system one and generators. Straight from the horses mouth
(09-24-2014, 09:48 PM)surferdude2 Wrote: You do realize the difference don't you???? CO = Carbon Monoxide (hence the lack of the implied subscript of the numeral 1) and CO2 = Carbon Dioxide (hence the subscript 2 meaning dioxide)... I could post subscript but I don't want to show off. I can't tell you how since I swore not to tell anyone or else I'd have to whack you.

Didn't I say that?

And now look what you did here I am alone on this page!!!

(09-24-2014, 10:22 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Not intending to irk anyone, but instead of CO2, it's really CO2

Bigwink

And that?

If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics 560 550 system one and generators. Straight from the horses mouth
CO
... too

CO2

H2CO3 = big time acid = will really irk you! Actually burp you..
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2014, 10:26 PM)surferdude2 Wrote: CO
... too

CO
..... WHO?

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2014, 10:26 PM)surferdude2 Wrote: H2CO3 = big time acid = will really irk you! Actually burp you..

Irk.... or burp... either way it ain't fun.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2014, 10:28 PM)Galactus Wrote: CO
..... WHO?

World Health Organization, right?

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Don't trust atoms, they make up everything.

Would have PM'd SD2 but can't Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
COwho me?

COtwo

HtwoOWE
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-23-2014, 10:17 AM)surferdude2 Wrote:
(09-22-2014, 08:48 PM)archangle Wrote: I think the problem comes from powering the humidifier directly from the AC line and using a phase fired controller to perform a "dimming" function.

That understandable since by the term "dimming" it implies that the controlling action that adjusts the output power delivered to the humidifier is depending on a voltage waveform clipping (aka limiter) circuit. When clipping a modified waveform it would be difficult to determine what energy value would result prior to the clip as versus a pure sine wave. It could be higher or lower depending on the rise time and overall shape of the waveform before the clip. Since voltage is the determining factor for actuating the clip, power delivered has no say in the process and could be delivered higher (or lower) than intended (were talking watt-seconds here).

I suspect it would be higher in most cases since for a run of the mill generator's voltage regulation scheme to work properly would require the generator to supply an excessively high voltage and then clip it at the 120 volt level. That would yield a modified waveform output (flat topped) with a higher average power content as opposed to a pure sine wave output.

It would be nice if the manufacturers of these devices would recognize the importance of running them from a generator on occasion and give some "up front" guidance in the documentation that is given to the users.

EDIT: BTW, Ghost1958, Thanks for taking the time to research this and sharing it here. No doubt it will put some minds at ease.

Thanks SD2 for getting this back on topic. You're my herogreatest master!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

What a boo boo I made, what a cover up, sheesh, getting old losing my mind.....
Post Reply Post Reply
Dreaming
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 31 5 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 371 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,613 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,054 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 313 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,087 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.