Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Respironics "Amara View" Full Face Mask
RE: Respironics "Amara View" Full Face Mask
I like to add my experience. The mask has a tendency to make you a nose breather! At least, this is how it worked out for me. All in all, I dislike FFM, but Amara is very easy to sleep with. Unfortunately, I sometimes wake up and half asleep and I take it off. A bad habit. I want to look at my numbers etc. After using it for about 60 days I am switching to a nose pillow partly thanks to Amara. The mouth enclosure is such that it keeps the mouth closed. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Amara View works so well for me that I have not open up my F20 airtouch replacement foam cushion since it arrived 8 months ago. Leaks down by more than half. The mask and cushions I feel will last forever, I have used mine for 8 months and it’s still going strong. Only setback is the Velcro straps. They don’t stick after 3-4 months and I had to order a new headgear. Needs to wear it a tee bit tighter to minimze leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's the shiz. Just make sure to replace it under warranty if you encounter a problem with air blowing into your eye, it shouldn't do that. I use mine suspended with a Hose Buddy and none of the vents should blow air into your face. Sometimes the two pieces of the mask aren't flush enough at the gasket when they snap together so you get a gap around the joint that causes leakage and air blowing into your face.
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, I've lately been running into issues with my last few replacements which I hadn't experienced or remember before in the years I've used it. I feel air blowing into the right side of my cheek within the mask when sleeping on my right side that's slightly alleviated when sleeping supine or on my left side. 

Also with my newest replacement, I'm still getting some of that air blowing into the eye (always the left side)/face problem that people have complained about. I had a mask that was really bad with this that was improved when I switched out the frame for the one of the previous unit.

There definitely are some QA issues with this mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Problem with this mask although it is my go-to mask, is that the straps stretches easily. Then it starts to leak. Need to replace every 3-4 mths. Resmed FFM have better straps that doesn't stretch but have more leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] ResMed F40 Full Face Mask (* new *) WakeUpTime 2 658 Yesterday, 03:35 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  [Product Review] New F&P Evora Full Face Mask yankees123 18 7,012 03-13-2024, 07:52 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,298 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] Respironics Nuance / Pro Mask Review allielb83 52 58,986 01-08-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  [Product Review] Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask trish6hundred 48 25,591 08-19-2022, 06:57 AM
Last Post: sm315
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 22,815 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro
  [Product Review] F&P Vitera Full Face SarcasticDave94 7 6,234 12-17-2021, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Mutineer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.