Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] BMC FM1 Mask
BMC FM1 Mask
When I saw a FF mask advertised on Ebay for  A$60 I couldn't believe my eyes , well known brands are around A$200 in Australia. BMC cpap machines have had a fair ratings review so I thought the mask  would be of similar quality.
So I it would be good to try it out, at least as a back up mask.

The mask arrived in about one week, well packed  all separate items enclosed individually and all together in plastic sealed bags.

Only Chinese instructions.

The head strap was very flimsy I felt I couldnt expect a very long life out of it.

The cushion was actually  double silicone cushions, one outer was robust the inner was very soft.

Pllacing the cushion against my face it felt very even pressure around the sealing edge and may have been comfortable to wear. But when I blocked the the swiveling hose connector I found it took a lot of pressure to exhale through its vent, so if the cpap machine shut down I would have been fighting for breath.

I tried adjusting the straps but found I couldnt easily slip the strap clips into the locating point on the mask and also decided it would be a two person job to adjust the straps.

At that point, one of the the small moulded pins used as clips broke off.

End of trial, packed up and  RTS, hope to get a refund.[Image: oh-jeez.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: BMC FM1 Mask
Thanks for the review. Others who may be tempted by the price will know better.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.