Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics "Amara View" Full Face Mask
Folks, please remember that this is the product review forum. Before posting here, please read this sticky: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-YOU-START general apnea discussion should be in the main forum and off topic chit-chat should be in the off topic forum.

Thanks!

DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Like any mask, what works for one may not work for another, keep trying.
Hopefully this review will help you decide whether or not you would like to try it.

A. The overall value of the product (what you get for how much it costs)
Received at no additional cost from DME with new AirCurve 10 VAuto

B. Whether the product worked as advertised.
Worked as stated.

C. What you liked about the product - be specific - with details.
The best thing, NO LEAKS with a FULL BEARD. I am currently a mouth breather and was searching for a way to control that. I have a FULL BEARD. This is a Medium Mask, I have used a large in every other mask I have used. The "tight" fit helps with sealing mostly "around" the beard. The Mfg calls it a minimal contact FFM, and the description is a good one. The mask seals two areas separately (they are internally connected), the Nose/nares, and the mouth. The nose rests on top of the nasal piece and seals almost like nasal pillows with an opening the nose sits on, VERY comfortable, the oral portion seals around the mouth, not the chin, with the lower seal just below the lip and the vertical portion just outside the lip line. This configuration avoids the hairy predicament those of us with beards must contend with.

D. What you disliked about the product - again, be specific.
This mask has a tight fit, any smaller and I would have to use a larger size. But it is the tight fit that makes it work for me. I have some minor difficulty clipping the lower straps on. These NEED to be disconnected to eithyer put on or take off this mask.

E. Any suggestions you can offer to readers if they use this product themselves.
To make the initial adjustments I held the mask on manually while testing the mask for leaks then adjusted the straps to match the tightness I needed to stop leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Respironics Wisp Nasal Mask trish6hundred 64 36,615 12-01-2016, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Newbee2016
  Phillips-Respironics DreamWear Crimson Nape 32 19,334 11-17-2016, 11:55 PM
Last Post: beet
Thumbsup Respironics Nuance / Pro Mask Review allielb83 49 26,000 11-07-2016, 06:51 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Gross Respironics FitLife Total Face Mask zimlich 10 7,347 09-04-2016, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Dawei
  Mirage Quattro Full-Face Mask Dreamcatcher 33 27,254 03-10-2016, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Mr Nifty
  Respironics FItLife Total Face Mask [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 17 8,025 01-24-2015, 07:30 PM
  Quattro Air full face mask britincanada 14 8,186 12-14-2014, 10:00 AM