Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BiPAP advice please?
RE: BiPAP advice please?
(05-14-2018, 05:00 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: CPAP machines and complete masks require a prescription in the U.S.. Just about any medical professional that can write prescriptions,except a Dentist, can write the script.  An easy thing to do is ask your PCP for the script.

Actually a Dentist can write one too. The prescription can be written by any of the following care providers:
  • Medical Doctor
  • Doctor of Osteopathy
  • Psychiatrist
  • Physicians Assistant
  • Nurse Practitioners
  • Dentist
  • Naturopathic Physician
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
My bad. Sorry.  Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2018, 05:38 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Actually a Dentist can write one too. The prescription can be written by any of the following care providers:
  • Medical Doctor
  • Doctor of Osteopathy
  • Psychiatrist
  • Physicians Assistant
  • Nurse Practitioners
  • Dentist
  • Naturopathic Physician

Not veterinarian?  Aw, shucks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Walla Walla for the correction, I gotta get some better coffee.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So.... thanx to all your help, I finally got my new ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto! I love love love it! I couldn’t be happier. Been sleeping with it for 5 nights now. It is so quiet I am not even sure when it is on. Also I think the H2O reservoir must hold more than my last one because I haven’t run out of water yet and I often ran out and woke up with a dry air headache on my old one. Most of all I LOVE the app. ❤️ ❤️❤️❤️ Thanx again for all your great advice!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 283 2 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 169 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 861 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,796 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 144 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 79 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 254 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.