Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics Auto CPAP
Respironics Auto CPAP
The Respironics website is confusing on the topic of which units they manufacture that are fully Auto CPAP. What they seem to be showing is their model that has a 30 day Auto trial period then locks in a set pressure based on that titration study.
What I am looking for is a full Auto CPAP that can be used as such all the time.
As I am going to be looking to purchase one from either an on-line vendor or a private sale I want to make sure I have a good model number to reference so I dont end up with either the 30 days trial type or an obsoleted model.
Can anyone help me in figuring this out?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics Auto CPAP
I think the machine you are looking for is this:
PR System One 60 Series REMstar Auto w/ Heated Tube Humidifier

I almost bought one and then switched to the ResMed S9 Auto because I found out it was
not easy to update the onboard clock on the Respironics machine. (I think that is really wierd too)

I like to be able to sync everything easily now & then when the time comes. Wink

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
The PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto CPAP Machine, but it only if I read it right has only on screen data
PR System One REMstar Auto CPAP Machine with A-Flex , uses a SD data card
REMstar Auto C-Flex CPAP Machine records complince an session data on a SD data card.
Of course do your own research. I would check out the specs at an on line store. The site I looked at did not have model numbers. and Respironics website doesn't seem to have lots of information. I wouldn't swear to any of the above information.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm actually meeting later this week with a Respironics salesman. One of the perks of working in a hospital; so I sould be able to get the low down from him; I'll be sure to share what I get as the Respironics website is not well thought out. I suspect that is deliberate so you have to work closely with a storefront DME.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can look at Supplier #1 website and see some of them. They have a nice search engine with good filters.

The model numbers vary in different countries and I don't know which country you're in.

In the US the model numbers are 550P and 560P. The former being just a bit older model that is being phased out. If you can still find one at a reduced price it's a great bargain. The latter is part of the newer "60 Series" machines that are basically the same but have a heated hose and a distinctly different appearance.

I think it's considered some kind of marketing strategy to provide the consumer with a dizzying array of models, features and options. Car manufacturers do this, too.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
the 30 days auto check is not full time auto machine, its the Pro model PRS1 C/Flex 450 or 460 (Canada 451 or 461)

you want PRS1 Auto with A /Flex 550 or 560 (Canada 551 or 561)
the model number shown on label at bottom of the machine

The PRS1 60 series comes in two versions
1- Basic heated humidifier
This humidifier will not work with the heated tube, and will come with the 60 watt power cord and regular 15mm tube

[Image: systemone_275x250.jpg]

2- Heated tube humidifier
This humidifier will work with the heated tube, and will come with the 80 watt power cord and heated tube

60 Series Machine Only
This machine come with the 60 watt power cord and 15mm performance tubing and work with either humidifier,
as long as the right power cord is used.

http://www.healthcare.philips.com/us_en/...80%8BeUicw==

http://www.healthcare.philips.com/asset....edTube.pdf

Post Reply Post Reply
ZONK Thanks, thats a good start......
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2013, 08:45 AM)zimlich Wrote: The PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto CPAP Machine, but it only if I read it right has only on screen data
PR System One REMstar Auto CPAP Machine with A-Flex , uses a SD data card
REMstar Auto C-Flex CPAP Machine records complince an session data on a SD data card.

You read it wrong.

Both PRS1 Auto machines collect and display the same data. The main difference is the 60 series has the option of using a heated hose.

Paul, your choices are this:

Philips Respironics System One REMstar Auto CPAP with A-Flex

The current model is the "60 Series", but they're not labeled as such. The main difference vs. 50 series (previous model) is the heated hose option.

The older model "50 Series" Auto machines are still fine machines and you may find one still available, but demand a discount because it's older and you won't have the heated hose option.

60 series Auto machines will say 560 or 561 somewhere on the bottom label.
50 series Auto machines will say 550 or 551.

In order to get a heated hose, you must have

A 60 series CPAP.
The optional high power power supply.
The optional heated hose heated humidifier. There is also a heated humidifier that WON'T power the heated hose.
The optional heated hose.

As usual, there is a confusing combination of bundling options to assist the dealer in screwing the customer.

There is also a PRS1 "Pro" machine that may or may not say "AutoIQ" on near the display after the "REMstar PRO" designation. This is the one that's not a "real" auto machine.

There is also a REMstar BiPAP Auto and a REMstar BiPAP Auto SV Advanced that are "bilevel" machines. Bilevel is usually for more complicated cases of apnea. Much more expensive, not necessarily better.

Supplier #1 on the Supplier List. has pretty good info on their web site, although a few of their pictures don't actually match the exact model the web page is for.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2013, 12:27 AM)archangle Wrote: 60 series Auto machines will say 560 or 561 somewhere on the bottom label.
50 series Auto machines will say 550 or 551.

[...]

There is also a PRS1 "Pro" machine that may or may not say "AutoIQ" on near the display after the "REMstar PRO" designation. This is the one that's not a "real" auto machine.

I've been trying to figure this out.

The AutoIQ model numbers are 550S and 560S wheras the Auto machine model numbers are 550P and 560P.

Is this correct?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Phillips Respironcis don,t make easy with so many models with different confusing numbers
its easier with Resmed machines ... just avoid Escape models such as S9 Escape and S9 Escape Auto
S9 Elite (CPAP) S9 AutoSet (APAP - two machines in one) both are data capable machines

the auto-trial and CPAP check modes are available on both PRS1 Pro and PRS1 Auto
PRS1 Pro with C-Flex+ (CPAP) DS 460 (S, HS, TS)
PRS1 Auto (APAP) DS 560 (S, HS, TS)
S - SD card capable
HS - system one humidifier and SD card capable
TS - system one heated tube humidifier and SD card capable

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,053 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 229 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 673 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,406 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.