Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics BiPap A40 Download Software
Respironics BiPap A40 Download Software
Does anyone know what software can load data from the Respironics BiPap A40. Sleephead/Oscar does not. I have tried to download EncoreBasic from the link supplied from your email link but the link does not appear to work. Very disappointed with this machine as it does not give you even the basic results of your sleep patterns as did my Resmed machine. I have been prescribed this machine to try and increase my intake volume and reduce my central apneas but have no idea how it is performing. Respironics of course wants to sell the program but I am not willing to buy the software when I don't even know if the machine will help me with my central apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics BiPap A40 Download Software
If you're willing to send the OSCAR development team a .zip of your SD card, I can look into adding support for it. No guarantees, since I haven't seen data from one of these before, but I can try!

You can upload the .zip to bonjour's dropbox and he'll get it to me: https://www.dropbox.com/request/6VeFzBXa4qZ37EgphL5b
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi there, Thanks so much for the quick reply.  Apparently the Bi-pap A40 is a restricted device designed for use by respiratory therapists under the supervision of a physician. You can't even get the AHI from the machine so how am I supposed to know if I am improving the main problem I have with central apneas. Apparently the program they use to read the data is called DirectView.
I couldn't figure out how to Zip the data files on the SD card so sent you all the files created last night to the address above.
I have been using Sleepy Head with my Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto for the last couple of years and find it extremely useful and bring it to my Doctor to review how things are going. It was from these reports that he felt I may be able to reduce my central sleep apneas and maintain a higher tidal volume in the AVAPS-AE mode with the BiPAP-40.
Sorry about the way I sent a copy of the files to you but I couldn't seem to Zip them with W10 zip utility.
Thanks again for all you folks do for us and hope you can make sense of these data files and make SleepyHead/OSCAR.

Dave   faskend@kos.net
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2020, 11:22 AM)Faskend Wrote: I have tried to download EncoreBasic from the link supplied from your email link but the link does not appear to work.

The EncoreBasic download link works fine.  Just tested it.

But I suggest that you're trying the incorrect version of Encore... you want EncorePro, not EncoreBasic.

The instructions for downloading EncorePro are here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

EncorePro is designed for clinical use, and EncoreBasic is designed for patient-use only.  EncoreBasic does not support your machine (Respironics BiPap A40), but EncorePro does.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2020, 02:26 PM)Faskend Wrote: Apparently the Bi-pap A40 is a restricted device designed for use by respiratory therapists under the supervision of a physician.

Is that different than all other CPAP/BiPAP/ASV/etc.? They all require a prescription from a physician.

Quote:I couldn't figure out how to Zip the data files on the SD card so sent you all the files created last night to the address above. ... Sorry about the way I sent a copy of the files to you but I couldn't seem to Zip them with W10 zip utility.

Could someone more expert in W10 help Faskend out here? The next beta of OSCAR will zip cards for people, but I'd like to take a look at the entire card before then, since there are additional files I'll need.
Post Reply Post Reply
Faskend, I'm wondering if you ran into the annoyance that W10's built-in zip doesn't let you choose where to save the .zip and tries to put it in the same place as the original files. If so, one thing you might try:

1. Right-click on the SD card in File Explorer and "Copy".
2. Right-click on your desktop and click "Paste". This should copy the entire contents of your SD card onto your desktop.
3. Right-click on the new copy and then select Send To > Compressed File.

That should create a .zip on your desktop, which you can then upload.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have zipped the received files and placed them in SD_CARDs
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, THAT's interesting. They're EDF files, which is not what the rest of the PRS1 machines use. That said, it looks like they may be recording the exact same data in the same structure (although with twice the waveform resolution), so there should be a way to make use of the support we already have.

But I will need to see a full card in order to begin the process of adding support.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gee, now why did I make the edfparser work for standard edf files and add a resmed_edfInfo class to make them look like what the resmed loader wanted...? I think the SleepStyle uses edf files also...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2020, 03:52 PM)sawinglogz Wrote: Faskend, I'm wondering if you ran into the annoyance that W10's built-in zip doesn't let you choose where to save the .zip and tries to put it in the same place as the original files. If so, one thing you might try:

1. Right-click on the SD card in File Explorer and "Copy".
2. Right-click on your desktop and click "Paste". This should copy the entire contents of your SD card onto your desktop.
3. Right-click on the new copy and then select Send To > Compressed File.

That should create a .zip on your desktop, which you can then upload.

Thanks so much for the simple instructions. I now have a zipped file which I will upload to the appropriate person, I hope.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 11 640 Yesterday, 08:04 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 91 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 439 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Oscar 1.5.1 - where to download cc0bc973 stanley61 4 200 02-26-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: stanley61
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 495 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,011 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,208 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.