Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics Bipap Auto SV settings ??
Respironics Bipap Auto SV settings ??
Hi, I am switching to a respironics Bipap Auto SV to try dealing with my periodic breathing. I've read the clinicians' manual and understand it all, but looking at the settings I'm a tad confused. 

I have a model 960 machine made in 2015.  One of the parameters to set is "Ti", which I think is inspiratory time. However, I thought that choice was not supposed to be visible if I have the "rate" set to "auto", which I do.  If it's on "auto", how am I to know what inspiratory time to set? And is it actually active when the machine is set to "auto"?

Thanks, if anyone wants to weigh in. I haven't found this anywhere on the internet.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics Bipap Auto SV settings ??
Ti is the inspiratory minimum time, and avoids the feeling that your breath is being cut-off by the sudden lowering of pressure support. The Ti might be set longer based on your respiration rate or any respiratory condition like COPD, asthma or just comfort. Just start with the default, and if you feel like your breath is getting cutoff short, increase the time. If you feel like you can't exhale when ready, shorten Ti or increase the trigger sensitivity. I found the default of 1.8 not comfortable and use 2.2. Everyone is different, and part of the adjustment period is getting things like this dialed in.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks. It's useful to know the default is 1.8.... it came set to 1.1

I'm a 200-lb guy, so I imagine it would be toward the longer range, with the shorter range being for smaller critters?

I'll try setting it at 1.8, thanks again
Post Reply Post Reply
And say, replying to myself again, I see that now that I've cycled the machine, the Ti setting has disappeared with AUTO set for the backup rate. So I guess I just didn't give it time to disappear after I set it to Auto.  

That's probably good news since it means I understand what I've read. Still I appreciate knowing what the default setting should be...

wish me luck!

Can't get my old copy of Encore Pro 2 to read the ASV sd card, so tried Sleepyhead and it seems to work fine. And I was blown away by the extra info I can see from my old regular CPAP sd card in sleepyhead compared with Encore pro. In trivia, I was probably one of the few to actually drop hundreds of bucks to BUY Encore Pro, back when... they sold it to me, then refused to give me product support since I was a patient. My pals...

best
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad to hear you've got Sleepyhead working and you don't have to worry about manually setting Ti.  Apneaboard will be posting a new EncorePro2 just acquired soon.  Get it here.  http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As you have discovered, with the backup rate in auto you should not be given the choice of setting the T1. If you are, then something is wrong. If you at some point want/need/are told to set a backup rate manually, you are probably going to want to set the T1 at the highest number available. That number will change (i.e. the available highest number) and get higher the lower your breath rate selection becomes.
I have a 950 made in 2013 and Basic and Encore Pro both read with no problem, as does Sleepyhead - with some data doubling problems. Have no idea what will happen with the Dream Bipap Auto SV that is due out this month.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi. Bit of a rough night trying to sleep with the new SV, guess there will be a period to figure out how to keep it from waking me... will check on adjusting the ramp time today.

It turns out that the version of Encore Pro I have is 2.4, which is apparently newer than 2.2, right? For some reason it claims that while the media (sd card) is good, that there is no valid data on the card. But sleephead reads the data fine.

The reason this is a shame is that particularly for this new machine, I'd like to see the "waveform" graph which shows the waxing and waning breathing patterns, which encore can generate. I don't see a way to do that on Sleepyhead. It presents a lot of data, just not the report I'd most like to see.

thanks, gang. Appreciate the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you can see a flow rate graph in Sleepyhead you can zoom in to a breath by breath view by just clicking on the chart repeatedly or the shift + up and down cursor to zoom in and out.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, sleeprider... that's cool. Is there a way to print out a "waveform" type report? I don't see one. Would be nice to be able to send a PDF to my pulmonologist. Looks like the ASV actually did fix my PB nicely.  Even though I slept poorly, my AHI is down below 1.
Post Reply Post Reply
Still trying to get Encore Pro 2.4 to recognize the SD card. Message is "The therapy data on the media is not valid and was not saved. Contact Product Support for assistance." Doesn't seem to be a problem with the card though.  Any chance the 960 machine isn't supported?

I don't have any other 2gb or 1gb sd cards.  Tried a 4gb and the ASV didn't like the taste, asked for it to be removed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bipap VAuto Settings Help Please jonoc99 5 148 04-12-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 223 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,823 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 276 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 366 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help with settings after BiPAP Titration jd1291 5 234 03-11-2024, 12:09 PM
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 578 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.