Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics Bipap Auto SV settings ??
RE: Respironics Bipap Auto SV settings ??
Checking my version of encore pro, it hails from 2009 even though it says it's version 2.4. Wonder if I need to get a newer one...
Post Reply Post Reply
With #Sleepyhead, any waveform can be printed as a screenshot. Encore prints the report as a multi-page PDF file, so it's much harder to put together a report on the waveform. On the other hand, the resolution is much greater, and can create a presentation of "talking points". So few doctors are in the mode of "don't bother me with the details" that it's hard to imagine them studying multiple 12 page Encore wave form reports for a single night. You really have to get to the point with these guys. If your doctor is actually willing to sit through a large presentation, you have a winner. In my experience you better be ready to accurately describe your concern and offer an example image. I would guess a very small fraction of practicing sleep doctors are even willing to consider machine data, and if it's not a PSG, they don't want to hear about it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another question about the Bipap Auto/SV: does the ramp function work? It has a "ramp" button, but the "ramp" feature doesn't seem to be one of the choices in the clinician's menu. Does anyone have an idea about this? I think it would help me fall asleep if I could ignore the pressure spikes early in the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I figured out my own answer to this... the "ramp" must deal only with the EPAP, while the SV therapy is "always on full".
Post Reply Post Reply
Ecojedi, you might want to update your profile with current machine and settings.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi. I would have, but can't see how to do it. There is no "edit" functionality in my profile, at least with the safari browser I'm using. Dunno how I'm missing it, but I don't see it.

EDIT: Whups, there it is. Hiding in the "messages in" slot. Since it read zero, I hadn't clicked on it. Done.
Post Reply Post Reply
If it ever comes up again, the quick way is to click on UserCP(control panel) in the upper right corner of the page.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,067 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 198 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 254 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help with settings after BiPAP Titration jd1291 5 166 03-11-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 513 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 231 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 787 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.