Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Respironics
Humidifier: Respironics
CPAP Pressure: 8
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
Respironics C-Flex Pressure Sensors Needed
Hello all! I just found this site and I hope someone can be of help for my situation. I have a Respironics REMstar Auto C-Flex #1017453 that I've had for a number of years (built in '06) and it has performed well. If you want to avoid reading all of the long-winded explanation of my problem and can help me with what I'm needing, please go to the last paragraph. Smile

About a year ago this CPAP shut down during the night with the error code E-77 that alerted me to a pressure sensor problem. Reading a bit about the nature of this problem with this unit, I easily disassembled it and located the hose barb nearest the air outlet had split and I removed it with plenty of the connector stub left to reconnect the hose. Problem solved until about a month ago when in the middle of the night the air flow shut off again and the alarm sounded showing the same code. I opened it up thinking the hose might've slipped off the connector but that wasn't the case. I put it back together and it ran fine for about an hour and then shut down again. I had to unplug the power each time this happened & etc. making my nights frustrating after this happened with increasing frequency. Now it shuts down in about five minutes. I'm pretty much convinced that an actual pressure sensor is the problem with the unit at this point. I'm in the process of getting a new device but it seems a shame to trash and otherwise great piece of equipment.

Does anyone have available or access to a schematic for my unit showing the parts? I'm assuming that since the circuit board contains practically everything for this unit outside of the fan motor, I'm also assuming parts such as the two pressure sensors it uses are common to other models from Respironics of the same model type and time period. I'd love to be able to find the parts from a scrapped unit to replace them on mine so that I might have a backup machine. It's taken me over two weeks to get to the point of getting a replacement unit. Sleeping in a recliner is for the birds! If anyone can help with either info or parts, I'm heartily thanking you in advance!
12-15-2014 12:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Ghost1958 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: PRS1 Series Sixty Auto Aflex
Mask Make & Model: F&P Eson
Humidifier: PRS1 with Heated Hose
CPAP Pressure: 10.5 min 16 max
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Moderate to Severe SA Obstructive. Rapid O2 desat off the machine.

RE: Respironics C-Flex Pressure Sensors Needed
Way above my pay grade what with senors and such involved but theres probably somebody on here that knows about such stuff and can help you. Somebody always seems to have a fix for everything else around here LOL. Hang on for the engineering dept LOL.
12-15-2014 03:06 PM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

Not a clue. Such things are rare birds.

There is a repair place in the Supplier's List (link at top of page). Two actually. #27 and #28. Contact them and see if they can help you.

If you ever do get your hands on the service manual or anything else, consider passing it along! We can use it to help the next person.

Oh, and if you do get it fixed, please please let us know that you did and what happened. Again, that way it will help someone else.

In the mean time, also consider Supplier #2. They sell used and open box machines. You can get a newer machine while you play with that one. Heck, you can ask if they have one like yours then use yours for parts!

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
12-15-2014 04:53 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Much like consumer electronics, a repair is done by replacing the main board. The sensors are on the main board.
Trying DIY is nearly impossible.

The manufacturer's do not publish schematic diagrams; at best, a block diagram might be found.

You are at the end of the design lifetime for a unit built in 2006. What is the total runtime on that unit -- probably in excess of 20,000 hours.

Best give that machine a proper burial.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
12-15-2014 05:33 PM
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Sex: Female

Hi maui4me,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.

trish6hundred
12-15-2014 06:26 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
archangle Online
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: ResMed S9 H5i
CPAP Pressure: 16-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Happy PAPper

Sex: Undisclosed

Look in the CPAP setup manuals link at the top of the page.

You might watch your local Craigslist for a similar machine. You'll probably see a lot of junky old machines at ridiculous prices, but occasionally, you'll see one that's reasonably priced or even free.

However, if you're diving into Craigslist, as long as you're not in a hurry, you might as well look for a more modern, data capable PRS1 or S9 machine.

BTW, read the links in my signature line to help you not get screwed by your DME (CPAP seller) on the new unit.

Have you gotten your new unit yet or when do you expect it? Do you know what you're getting?

Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
12-15-2014 07:22 PM
Ghost1958 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: PRS1 Series Sixty Auto Aflex
Mask Make & Model: F&P Eson
Humidifier: PRS1 with Heated Hose
CPAP Pressure: 10.5 min 16 max
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Moderate to Severe SA Obstructive. Rapid O2 desat off the machine.

I dont know but im guessing a scrapped machine of the same make model would have the same parts like cars.

Hey wait a min!!! A cpap junkyard!!!!! Why id be a millionaire. Cpap garage maybe???? Nah sounds to good to work LOL.
12-15-2014 07:56 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
maui4me Offline

New Members

Machine: Respironics REMstar Auto with C-Flex #1017453
Mask Make & Model: Respironics
Humidifier: Respironics
CPAP Pressure: 8

Other Comments:

Thanks for the info from everyone. It did indeed have almost 22,000 hours on it and other than the sensor, it runs fine. I just picked up it's replacement from our approved DME supplier. It was a brand new design ResMed and very different from the old. This one like more like a high-end desk radio! I hope it's half the machine the old one was.
12-17-2014 10:14 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Equipment] respironics bipap error code hanasdaddy 6 136 12-07-2016 01:48 AM
Last Post: hanasdaddy
  Respironics 9 minute cycle with no events. pixpop 2 103 12-06-2016 09:17 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [Equipment] Respironics blower failure SleepyinMTL 2 146 12-03-2016 12:52 AM
  [Pressure] How to change pressure - Respironics Solo slgoltz 5 20,044 11-30-2016 06:32 PM
Last Post: randx2
  philips remstar auto a-flex skylersdad 2 174 11-29-2016 05:47 PM
  Advice needed for struggling CPAP user Fubblin 35 1,995 11-18-2016 07:18 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question BiPAP vs EPR/Flex etc? SleepyBee 7 276 11-13-2016 08:52 PM
Last Post: Galactus