Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics Dream Station in Canada
RE: Respironics Dream Station in Canada
Came back from Pro Resp with little more info about the Dream system. TAlked to a person who sounded reasonable.
They had a guy from Philips a week or so ago. They got the Dreamwear mask for evaluation. Now, I have it for a two weeks evaluation.
The Philips guy did not talk about the Dream Station. Once it is "released" in Canada, it will take time to be approved and for Philips to train the DME stuff.
My speculation: Since Philps people (I called) told me that the machine release is now slotted for the December Canadian release, this may be the time when they expect to get the government approval for the machine. After all, it can not be released unless it is approved. Not sure if it is federal approval and than each province have to listed as approved or did they mean Ontario release... When I talked to Philips, I did mention Ontario and the person I talked to was double checking their info with somebody else... The December release means, at the earliest, January or later at DMEs...
BTW. My rental period should not be an issue and I will be accommodated one way or the other. Now, I'm looking forward to my first night with the Dreamwear mask.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2015, 08:14 PM)GPSMapNut Wrote: Came back from Pro Resp with little more info about the Dream system. TAlked to a person who sounded reasonable.
They had a guy from Philips a week or so ago. They got the Dreamwear mask for evaluation. Now, I have it for a two weeks evaluation.
The Philips guy did not talk about the Dream Station. Once it is "released" in Canada, it will take time to be approved and for Philips to train the DME stuff.
My speculation: Since Philps people (I called) told me that the machine release is now slotted for the December Canadian release, this may be the time when they expect to get the government approval for the machine. After all, it can not be released unless it is approved. Not sure if it is federal approval and than each province have to listed as approved or did they mean Ontario release... When I talked to Philips, I did mention Ontario and the person I talked to was double checking their info with somebody else... The December release means, at the earliest, January or later at DMEs...
BTW. My rental period should not be an issue and I will be accommodated one way or the other. Now, I'm looking forward to my first night with the Dreamwear mask.

I was at my sleep doc's and DME yesterday and heard pretty much the same from both. December. So we have a bit of a wait yet til it's stocked and available to the public.

I also came away with a DreamWear mask for trial. The headgear is a size too big, but they didn't have the small size in stock. So I'll just try and tighten it more.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Update - I called Ontario ADP and asked about the status of approval for the Dream Station. Looks like CPAP and APAP should be on the approved list sometime in December.
Post Reply Post Reply
I still am not convinced to go with it should it become available before I am set to purchase. The DreamStation will be more than a year newer than ResMed's latest, the AirSense 10. I have not seen or read anything to convince me that getting the DreamStation is superior to the AirSense 10. I'm definitely leaning towards the A10 as I've heard it might have features the DS doesn't, but I can't recall what I saw. I'm going to have to do more research again and make notes this time. It will be decision time for me in December I believe.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2015, 06:27 PM)ramblingasian Wrote: I don't know why the DME is charging you $150 a month for a loaner. There are plenty of DME's in the GTA that will rent you a machine for $150 total, which they will then credit you if you purchase the machine from them after the fact.

Just to keep the record straigh, ResMed extended the loan at with additonal charge. Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2015, 09:38 PM)GPSMapNut Wrote: Just to keep the record straigh, ResMed extended the loan at with additonal charge. Big Grin

Oh great - I can't edit the last post - I wanted to say that there was
NO additional charge from ProResp to extend the rental until my sleep study shows if I'm eligible for an APAP instead of a CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
Exclaimation 
Ontario ADP updated their manual and DreamStation is now approved!
http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/progr...manual.pdf
Thumbs-up-2
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey, thanks for the heads up! Also I like to keep copies of them too. I think they made a boo-boo. They've got the ResMed A10 AutoSet in the Auto CPAP category and the ResMed A10 AutoSet For Her in the CPAP column. Hmmmmmmmm I know what I'm going to try and get! I wonder how long til they correct it? LOL

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2015, 07:09 PM)cate1898 Wrote: Hey, thanks for the heads up! Also I like to keep copies of them too. I think they made a boo-boo. They've got the ResMed A10 AutoSet in the Auto CPAP category and the ResMed A10 AutoSet For Her in the CPAP column. Hmmmmmmmm I know what I'm going to try and get! I wonder how long til they correct it? LOL

I bet the DME's all know better than to try to pull a fast one - since they won't get the money back from ADP.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,032 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 228 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 950 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 672 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,405 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure Xsoldier2000 15 2,294 01-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Buck

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.