Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics DreamWear FFM
Respironics DreamWear FFM
My wife had a sleep study last night and they gave her a DreamWear mask to try (instead of her F20) as she made the comment before the study her current mask would blow air into her eyes no matter how the mask was fitted. To make a long story short, she loves it and said it was very comfortable. Now to get the doc to write it into the script for her.

I'm just looking to see what everyone else thinks about the mask.

On a side note, I won't have to order any F20s for a while as I now have all of her spares to go along with mine. Too-funny
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics DreamWear FFM
My sleep institute didn’t provided an Rx for a specific mask, thus I’m able to change it up with the CPAP supplier I used.
Post Reply Post Reply
Our DME requires a script to change masks.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmmm…that is interesting My local CPAP supplier requires a Rx but is written by the sleep NP I see as “patient’s choice”.
Post Reply Post Reply
While we both use the same DME, my wife's sleep doc is a stickler. She will listen to your arguments and then tell you what she wants to do. She got upset with my wife when she wanted to dump the heated hose here in AZ. When I see my sleep doc, we chat and decide together what needs to be done. He even asked me if I knew how to change settings and get into the provider menus. Then he told me what to change them to.

My wife just had a new sleep study and we will be addressing the change of masks when we go in. Even tho she is a stickler, my wife's doc does listen.
Homer

Post Reply Post Reply
I am new to all this and was outfitted with this mask [Dr specified the Resmed 11, not sure about if he would call out the headgear?]- I don't think
it will work out for me -semi-porky, beard, mouth breather, aged- I have endless leakage issues and three nights have me on the ropes. That said, I want it to work as I like the size, and the hose connection on top of head, but will try a conventional FFM for comparison. YMMV.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,260 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 232 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 297 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 790 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 681 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,437 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure Xsoldier2000 15 2,300 01-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Buck

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.