Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics Dreamstation - noisy motor?
RE: Respironics Dreamstation - noisy motor?
Seems the attachment went missing try again
Post Reply Post Reply
Hopefully it is attached now!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I think the best thing you can do is turn off the flex and go to a minimum pressure of 7cm and a maximum pressure of 7cm. I'll be interested in what others have to say.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bernie01,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully, you are able to get the AirSense10 AutoSet, don't let the DME talk you out of the machine you want.
Good luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I set flex to off and it stopped that annoying noise.
also put the cpap on cushion on the floor, I can't stand the flex or cpap next to my head.
Post Reply Post Reply
Flex is set to 3 and locked.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a link at the top of the page for CPAP Setup Manuals, ask for one for your machine.  You need to go into the "Clinician's menu" to change your Flex setting.  In the meantime, you can press both the round knob on the front and the ramp button on the top.  Hold for a second or two and  the "Clinician's menu" will appear.  Finding and turning off Flex should not be too hard.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bernie, I missed the fact that you're a fellow Aussie. Are you getting your machine via a Health Insurance policy or are you paying out of pocket?

The other thing is why should you need another sleep study when you want to change your provider? Whoever did your sleep study has a legal obligation to give you the results when you ask for them. This is now the basis for your prescription for a PAP machine

You'll also find, if you do a comparison, that the cost of a PAP machine is significantly higher in Australia that it is in the US unless your health care provider is coming to the party.

What I'm saying is that if you are paying out of pocket then you hold all the cards. If you want to walk away then obtain your sleep study results and use them somewhere else. Under current Australian consumer regulations you are entitled to send back goods that don't meet your requirements and for medical equipment this is very specific.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Holden4th,
I have full comprehensive health insurance (Peoplecare) so will be able to get a refund of around $800 when I purchase a machine. So I will be paying "out of pocket" then presenting the receipt to my health insurance fund.

I have received a hard copy of my sleep report from the Dr, but when he sent me to the CPAP shop he said "Here is a prescription" but it was just a sticker
with my personal details on it that he had printed off. He attached to that a yellow 'Postit' sticker on which he scrawled "CPAP 5-20 CmH2O + careful mask fitting". No signature, no provider number. I have contacted a different CPAP shop (CPAP Clinic) and they say I need a proper prescription with Dr's signature and provider number.

I am supposed to return to the Dr's clinic for an overnight stay on March 20th, then again on March 28th with my rental machine. Perhaps then when he has the data from the stay and the machine he might write a 'proper' script; in the meantime people are saying I need the script to get a rental/trial machine.

I could go back to the Dr's surgery and insist that he gives me a proper 'script' but could also possibly go to a different Dr and he might accept the hard copy of the results that I already have. One other thing is that I had to get a referral from my regular Dr before I could go to this clinic, so might have to go see my regular Dr again for another referral to a different Dr. No big deal though.
Post Reply Post Reply
I made some enquiries today and found out  that this guy is NOT an authorised Resmed representative. This explains his reluctance to let me trial the Airsense 10 and his desire to sell me a Dreamstation. He does have Resmed on the shelf, but perhaps imports them himself or via his franchisee group and I may have had warranty issues if I indeed had purchased an A10 through him. I have returned the Dreamstation to him and am making arrangements to trial an A10 via a different vendor with a bit more integrity and professionalism.

Note to self: If you smell a rat, there may well be a rat around.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed blower motor disassembly PinehillJoe 3 89 04-15-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [How to] Fix Your Own Noisy CPAP - Don't discard old CPAP with worn bearings SuperSleeper 3 16,831 04-15-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: PinehillJoe
  S9 Blower Motor vk3hjq 106 16,999 04-06-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Restrepo
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,864 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 33 10,421 03-29-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 273 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 866 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.