Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics Dreamstation - noisy motor?
RE: Respironics Dreamstation - noisy motor?
I know this is an old thread but I have the same issue with the same machine. It's so annoying to me that I started using my 10 years old Respironics System One which is basically silent in comparison. That whirring/whining motor noise makles it a lot harder for me to get to sleep some nights and I never had an issue with that.

I'm now trying to get that machine exchanged for a Resmed which are apparently very quiet. If it matches my old System One I'll be happy. I love the Dreamstation otherwise and I have a heated tube for the first time and I love that. But that noise is too much for me...
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Respironics Dreamstation - noisy motor?
I'm in the same boat.  I just got a new Dream Station and it's really loud.  The one thing that I really love is the algorithm they use which seems to follow my breathing patter perfectly.  Even though I am waking up a bit earlier than I would like, the time that I am sleeping is really good sleep.  I just can't believe how much louder it is than  my old autosense 10.  Since this is an old thread, I will ask if the dream station noise problem has a solution yet?   Did I get an older machine maybe?  I can't imagine that this is just the way it is....  I like everything about this machine except the noisy motor.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirSense 10 howling/motor sound rpphoto 9 1,337 03-24-2021, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 10 motor replacement part TYPHOONBOB 4 282 03-24-2021, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Respironics Dreamstation sensors apnero 0 132 03-23-2021, 02:56 PM
Last Post: apnero
Question ResMed AS 10 vs. Respironics Dream Station Doctor 44 1,308 03-22-2021, 07:55 PM
Last Post: Surfbear
  Noisy DreamStation BandMom 76 34,106 03-03-2021, 04:32 PM
Last Post: Colorlady
  Respironics remstar Pro c-flex system one card won't download staduimjunkie 7 267 01-25-2021, 04:50 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  Frankenmask - P30i + Philips Respironics Headgear with Arms DenverAPAP 17 872 12-08-2020, 01:54 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.