Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics Dreamstation question
Respironics Dreamstation question
I got a replacement machine as my old one's humidifier broke down. The old setting was good because when I put the mask on it started automatically. Apparently I was told that the mask fit feature does that! Now I set my mask fit feature on (it was off) but still the machine would not start only after  hit the button.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics Dreamstation question
Order the Clinicians Manual for your machine.  This will give you instructions on how to change and adjust the settings.  

https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

The Mask Fit Setting has nothing to do with what your are looking for.  

Find the Device Setting Sub Screen, and there I believe you will find the Auto On/Off setting.  
Select Auto On if you want the machine to start automatically when you breathe.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As OpalRose stated, the auto on and off are in a the Device Settins menu. You can set auto on and auto off preferences separately. I don’t use auto off. It’s response is too slow for me
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-02-2019, 03:48 PM)TimtheEnchanter Wrote: I got a replacement machine as my old one's humidifier broke down. The old setting was good because when I put the mask on it started automatically. Apparently I was told that the mask fit feature does that! Now I set my mask fit feature on (it was off) but still the machine would not start only after  hit the button.

I'm also a new Dreamstation user and AFAIK the mask fit feature is unrelated to auto start.

I also found that the machine is able to detect you're there and auto start faster with some masks than others.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2019, 11:17 AM)zzz1 Wrote: I'm also a new Dreamstation user and AFAIK the mask fit feature is unrelated to auto start.

I also found that the machine is able to detect you're there and auto start faster with some masks than others.

It takes longer for my DreamStation to auto start with my full face masks than with my nasal pillow masks. I’ve found a couple of hard puffs into the full face mask will cause the machine to start sooner.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2019, 12:55 PM)MitchS Wrote: It takes longer for my DreamStation to auto start with my full face masks than with my nasal pillow masks. I’ve found a couple of hard puffs into the full face mask will cause the machine to start sooner.

Yep, I totally agree.

With my DreamStation, I have to do several hard puffs before it'll turn on.  I've yet to be successful with a FFM.  (I can only get it to auto turn on if I'm using a nasal mask/pillow.)

With my ResMed, it starts immediately as soon as it senses even a soft breath.

So when I use my DreamStation (it's my full-time machine), I just push the start button.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,802 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 263 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 857 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 856 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,671 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure Xsoldier2000 15 2,385 01-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Buck
  Respironics Recall Resolved Jeremy H 0 369 09-16-2023, 05:20 AM
Last Post: Jeremy H

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.