Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics Dreamwear Nasal Mask
Respironics Dreamwear Nasal Mask
Came across the new mask from Respironics the Dreamwear Nasal Mask on one of the supplier sites and really like the look and write up on it.....has anyone used one as I would like to get some feedback before I go purchasing one. Currently using the Wisp nasal mask and while I like it and my results are good it only scores an 8.5/10 on the comfort scale.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics Dreamwear Nasal Mask
Mutineer,

DreamWear mask review link:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-DreamWear

Also a thread discussing mask:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...night-ever

Folk seem to like it.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I like and use the Wisp on occasion but find that it is a bit flimsy for side sleeping. I like the Swift-LT for a more solid fit as far as pillows masks go.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
I wrote the second linked thread Opal pointed to and after four days, I am still really loving the DreanWear mask. I think it is as minimal as you can get and has been working for me. I have been able to once again sleep on my stomach and side with no real problems. I couldn't do that with my Wisp or AirFit P10. Check out the link for more info on my situation.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2015, 10:35 AM)Mutineer Wrote: Came across the new mask from Respironics the Dreamwear Nasal Mask on one of the supplier sites and really like the look and write up on it.....has anyone used one as I would like to get some feedback before I go purchasing one. Currently using the Wisp nasal mask and while I like it and my results are good it only scores an 8.5/10 on the comfort scale.

I'm just a newby myself but they started me with this mask. I tried the normal masks during my lab study and the tube coming from the front was a real nuisance in my view. (I roll around a lot I guess).

So I like the top mounted hose but...I find I have a tendency to have the pillow slowly push the strap up on the back of my head. I am beginning to wonder if that's because my pillow is pushing on the hose connection.Thinking-about

The part on your nose is really good and sleeping on my side as I do its really not a problem that one side is squished. The other side delivers enough air to the mask. You just need the right size.

Oh ya, I can breathe and sleep too...Wink

Post Reply Post Reply
My husband tried this mask and really liked it, especially that the tubing came off the top of his head. Right now he is using the Sleepweaver Elan and likes it because it is made out of cloth. The only thing he doesn't like about it is that it sits right in front of his face making it difficult to watch tv. The Dreamwear was great for that!
Post Reply Post Reply
here's a tip for the dreamwear mask. the strap in the back tends to ride up so I pull some of my hair through the strap and it stays in place all night. i just don't like the noise and air sounds so am going back to the p10 that hurt my nose before. i keep trying.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I'll be able to post my thoughts in the coming days....just fitted for one this morning Smile
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great concept but it didn't work for me. Just couldn't keep a seal. Might try it again to see if I can make it work. The hose coming off the top is a good idea.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using the Dreamwear mask for almost three weeks now. My first mask and first xPAP machine.
1) I found leaks drop off precipitously when I put lotion or chap stick on the under side of my nose. That little bit of lube seems to make a surprising difference in allowing the mask to seat well.
2) Most of the noise I get when wearing the mask comes from air blowing on my sheets and pillowcases either out of the vent at the top of my head or the vent on the nose piece. By switching to my flannel sheets and pillowcases, I've almost eliminated that noise source because the flannel is so quite compare to regular cotton sheets.
3) After about three days, I almost quit noticing the mask on me any more . . . unless I turn my head to the side and I don't have lube on my nose, so I get some leaking.
4) Did I say it's amazing how much effect a little under-the-nose lube had on comfort and leaks?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,063 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 99 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 322 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,080 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,226 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 230 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 295 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.