Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics Dreamwear results
Respironics Dreamwear results
I've been on cpap for over three years now with good results after a rocky start. Three days ago my DME told me about this new nasal mask, so i decided to give it a try. My AHI is normally less than one, but with a fair amount of leakage.

This new mask, for the last two nights has given me an AHI of .1 and .3 which is pretty normal for me but the leakage 95% rate was only 8. AND this is the most comfortable mask i've ever had. It's not really nasal pillows but it's also not a nasal mask. It goes around both nostrils, but unlike the nasal mask, it does not cover the entire nose. The most amazing thing about it is that there is no hose on the front of your face. it attaches on top of your head and the air travels through the hollow head gear. Nice...you can take a drink of water in the night without struggling with the hose.

Anyway so far give Dreamwear a 10!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics Dreamwear results
I'm waiting for mine to come.

I love my P10, but sometimes I would like to go to sleep without something in my nose.

Hope it works for me, it could be a great backup....or who knows, maybe the P10 will become the backup. Thinking-about

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2015, 07:15 AM)drgrimes Wrote: I've been on cpap for over three years now with good results after a rocky start. Three days ago my DME told me about this new nasal mask, so i decided to give it a try. My AHI is normally less than one, but with a fair amount of leakage.

This new mask, for the last two nights has given me an AHI of .1 and .3 which is pretty normal for me but the leakage 95% rate was only 8. AND this is the most comfortable mask i've ever had. It's not really nasal pillows but it's also not a nasal mask. It goes around both nostrils, but unlike the nasal mask, it does not cover the entire nose. The most amazing thing about it is that there is no hose on the front of your face. it attaches on top of your head and the air travels through the hollow head gear. Nice...you can take a drink of water in the night without struggling with the hose.

Anyway so far give Dreamwear a 10!!!

Sounds great! I may give that a try for the reasons discussed below.

I have had my P10 for two weeks (my first mask), and I get good numbers with it, it doesn't leak much, and allows me to sleep on my side with no problems - BUT over the two weeks my nostrils are getting more and more sensitive, to the extent that the irritation wakes me after about 6 hours sleep and I can't resume sleep so I have to take it off.

I have tried the suggestions seen on this site; use lanolin on the nostrils or pads, try different size pads (only the small works well, the medium leaks more). I am afraid I will have to start using my F&P Simplus instead, which works OK, but with somewhat higher AHI and more leaks.

So keep us informed about the Dreamwear and I give it a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same problem with sore nostrils. Seems that i either have to leave the mask fairly loose, in which case i have bad leaks, or tighten and have sore nose. The first night on the new rig was not great as far as leaks, but i had to learn how to adjust the headgear. By the second and third nights, it was very comfortable and the lowest leakage i have ever had. The Dreamwear has not left any indentions or red marks anywhere. In the past i have just accepted mediocre leak results in favor of comfort. My AHI has almost always been very good.
Post Reply Post Reply
Got one of these a week ago. I mentioned to my provider that my PR Nuance pro was making my nose sore and offered a free "fitkit" if I would come back in a month and give feedback. It took a few nights to get the right size nose piece and adjust it correctly but so far so good. No leaks and really comfortable. Great concept that with a few tweaks could be a game changer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Anyone able to describe the venting of the Dreamwear? The big advantage of the P10 is the nearly silent vent and no jet of exhaust air. I'd like to see a comparison.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2015, 11:24 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Anyone able to describe the venting of the Dreamwear? The big advantage of the P10 is the nearly silent vent and no jet of exhaust air. I'd like to see a comparison.

Same here - the P10 is great in that regard.

Post Reply Post Reply
The venting on the Dreamwear is very quiet and subtle. Oddly it seems to have some vent in the nasal mask but as i felt around, i noticed a small about being vented in the plastic "L" connector on top of your head. My old mask was pretty good but i could feel the blast of air on my body sometimes. The Dreamwear is venting a smaller amount of air in two different places so it feels very light. I don't notice it at all. I had to hold my hand over the main vent to make sure my cpap was working. This is the quietest of everything i have tried in three years.
Post Reply Post Reply
have you previously used the p10? would love to hear others impression of a comparison!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
What's the best price? Anyone selling them in Canada?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,374 04-17-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 402 04-16-2024, 05:32 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [Treatment] Help with interpreting OSCAR results 6bez8dF5lf 7 196 04-15-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: 6bez8dF5lf
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,544 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] New to CPAP but keen to learn - Please could you help with results and Q's? JustinWoods 19 1,958 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Dreamwear vs P30i Whacked 0 101 04-09-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Whacked
  Help interpreting my results (and hello!) mluck94 4 148 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: mluck94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.