Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics Dreamwear results
RE: Respironics Dreamwear results
I've had a DreamWear for about 2 weeks--first two weeks on CPAP I had a Wisp. When I first got my setup my DME said there was a new mask coming out, and I jumped on it when I was in his office 2 weeks later. The Wisp vented air in my eyes sometimes--no problems with the DreamWear. I love not having the tubing get tangled up when I turn over. I've had 100% mask fit since the first day.
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks very similar to the Nuance in that it doesn't go up the nostrils. I'm tempted to get one to try as comparison. I'm just not sure I'd like all that plastic touching my skin from temple to nostril and back up again. Ya know?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I got the DreamWear mask and could NOT get it to seal no matter what I did, I used the measuring guide and it said to use a Medium, which I did.

Anyone have any suggestions before I return it and exchange it for the P10 which I really like???
Post Reply Post Reply
Gadgetman, i had the same problem my first night. I think it has something to do with the size or shape of the opening on the nose piece. My second and third nights i was more careful in putting it on and must have got it centered better because it sealed perfectly both nights. You might watch in a mirror as you put it on to see if the opening might be to wide or off centered.

Paula, the Dreamwear comes with two soft fabric sleeves that go over the tubes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ohhhh. Interestinger and interestinger.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't slept with mine yet. Just tried it on to see how it fit. I did notice a vent on the top elbow where hose connects and a very small hole/vent in the front of the nasal mask. So that's two vents.

Mabye try it tonight.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I initially didn't notice the weep holes on the inlet elbow. It was only after I put the mask on and noticed a high level of air noise. I felt around and thought that I had a major leak at the elbow/hose connection. Only after I pulled off the mask, and was making a few choice remarks, that I saw them. I'm glad nobody was around to hear my remarks.

The noise from the air turbulence at the elbow area sounds loud (from a P10 stand point). It's like wearing headphones to bed. However, I found that the sound emulates white noise and prevents me from hearing other outside noises during sleep.

Am I the only one that has noticed that CPAPs get louder at night? I might start sleeping during the day when they're quieter. Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess it must be in the ears of the beholder. The dreamwear is the quietest of all that i have tried, in my opinion. I think by spreading the vent function over two areas, it lessens the volume and noise. When i place my hand over either of the vents i can barely feel the air.
Post Reply Post Reply
My PRS 1 is dead silent most days. If is a bit noisier at night.
Is it possible that different folks use different pressure settings and that affects the volume perceived.
Is it also possible that different folks have different hearing ability, especially at certain frequencies. I know I have dead spots at certain frequencies and I seldom wear my hearing aids to bed.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am most intrigued!!!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 531 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,047 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 178 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 157 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 130 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,177 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.