Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics Dreamwear results
RE: Respironics Dreamwear results
As i consider the Dreamwear rig more carefully, there are a couple of things to experiment with as far as fit and seal/leak. It comes with several size nasal pieces. I think tonight i will try the medium. My DME set me up with the medium wide. The other thing to look at is the head gear size. As i peruse the owner's manual, it indicates three sizes and how it should fit the head. I now can see that if the DME doesn't do a good job of fitting you, it could throw the nasal mask off enough to leak. My DME didn't even mention or check the head gear size, but mine appears to be hitting about right. If that opening that covers both nostrils is too big or too small it could really cause major leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I reviewed this in a previous post, but had to add a note. I needed a new nasal pillow in less than three weeks. I hate leaks--have 100% no leaks except once when first starting (99%) and the first night with the DreamWear (97%) but that counted the time getting it fit at the DME office with my machine. Any small leak bugs me--and I kept adjusting it all the time a few nights ago. Installed the new piece and tightened my mask slightly and had one of my best nights last night--and forgot to my my SD card in the machine!
Post Reply Post Reply
Arrgghh! I hate it when I do that! I do something new or something weird happens and, yep, it's not in there.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I just received my Dreamwear a couple days ago, haven't used it yet. Just trying it on to see how it fits. According to the fitting guide, I should be ok with the small nasal pillow, but the medium frame that came with the mask may be a bit too large for me.

I'm wearing it to bed tonight. I'll wait a few days to report back so I can give it a fair chance. Sleep-on-pillow
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
my DME said that one is so new that I need a specific rx for them to order it Angry
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
They're full of crapola. It's a relatively new CPAP mask, not a risky trial drug.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
A bit of a update on the Dreamwear. This mask is wonderful, when working properly. I've had some wonderful nights with it but also had a couple of nights with leaking that i could not figure out. I tightened it moved it all around, but still leaked. I finally had to shut everything off and start over. I think since it does not have nose pillows to keep it centered, it may be prone to scoot around and you turn over. I still really like it but it takes some patience to get everything working every night.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK. Newbie here. Been using the dreamwear mask for a couple weeks now and I like it. Works great when I am sleeping on my back, but I can't get it to not leak when on my side. I usually start off on my back and then at some point during the night shift to my side. I've read others say they have no issues when side sleeping. Maybe it's the way I sleep as I tend to bury the side of my face in the pillow which tends to push on the side tubes and the nose piece and make it shift over to the side and leak. Do I need a special pillow or is there some other secret from the folks that use this mask while sleeping on their sides? Otherwise, this is the most comfortable mask I've tried and my numbers are consistently good while using it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. With those tubes directly attached to the nose piece, it would be difficult to keep it in place. Shift even the slightest on the tube and the nose piece is going to move too. Masks with hoses that go to the top of the head too far have the same problem for back sleepers.

The Nuance, which is similar in that it doesn't go into the nostrils, is held on with regular straps. It doesn't move much.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
I was going to wait a few days to give my thoughts on the Dreamwear, but I feel a need to share.

I have mixed feelings for the first night. After using the fit guide, I determined I needed a size small nasal piece. The frame that came with mask is a size medium, which they claim fits most. I guess I'm not most!

Anyway, while trying to fit it, I thought it seemed a little bit big by mabye an inch, just gapping a little. After putting mask on, I did my mask fit check on the machine, which practically blew it off my face. Had to tightened the side straps a lot to get it to seat right and stop leaking. This made it uncomfortable. Sad

I also used the side cheek pads that came with mask thinking it would help with the fit.

After laying down, was on my back for a while, then turned over to my side, and the mask moved slightly, but enough to cause leaks. Tried to get it to seal again with no luck, so took it off and started over.

I sleep on my side for at least 80% of the night, and just couldn't find a way to get it to stay put without making the side adjustment straps even tighter which then pushed the nasal mask too tight against my nose.

The other problem with side sleeping is the air flow on the side you are laying is hindered and all the air goes to the other side tube. This isn't supposed to be noticeable, but what I did notice is that my 90% pressure was higher than normal.

This morning, my AHI was up twice what it normally is, and had a lot of leaks which I normally don't experience with the P10 mask. Also woke up with a headache.Mornincoffee

My thought: This is a great mask for a back sleeper. For a side sleeper, I'm not so sure. Would like to hear more from side sleepers, as there must be a trick to keeping this mask in place without feeling like I have a vice on my head.

Granted, I only used it one night, so I will give it a go again tonight. Smile
I am a glutton for punishment!

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,058 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 181 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 158 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 132 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,178 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.