Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics Dreamwear results
RE: Respironics Dreamwear results
I'm glad you all tried this new mask, and posted such complete discriptions. The info here convinces me I should stay with my WISP and Nuance! I am an active sleeper, and it sounds like this mask would end up on my floor.

I sure hope Respironics keeps making both my masks for a LONG time. Smile And of course, that I am around to use them Wink

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
Been using dreamwear mask for about a week and a half. I was given a "fitkit" by my provider to evaluate. It contained a small, medium, and large headgear plus same size nosepiece with additional medium wide piece. Tried all combos and found medium headgear with large nose piece to be the closest. First, really loud. The tubes directly touch your face and transmit sound right into my facial bones. Resetting the resistance setting on my cpap made it louder too. After about 4 days noticed my AHI went from .7 -1.5 to 3.0-3.5. Average 90% went from 8-9 to max setting of 15. I am a side sleeper and really had a hard time maintaining a seal after falling asleep. This kept waking me up. I can manage 7 good solid hours of sleep with a Nuance pro but only a few hours at a time with this one. I think this is a good concept that just needs a little refining. I am writing up a review for my provider and they will be forwarding it to Phillips. Back on my Nuance pro and sleeping great again. Hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using the Dreamwear nasal mask for 2 weeks. I sleep on my back and side. It can be a little tricky to get it adjusted just right under my nose. It is VERY comfortable and so much better than the full face masks I've tried. I've only been using my equipment for 2 months.

Maureen
Post Reply Post Reply
For those who have used it and are ready to make a formal opinion, could you please do a review on our Review Forum? There is one already started for this mask.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-DreamWear

Here is how to do a review:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...orum--5546

Just remember to please keep the discussion of the mask in this thread and out of that one.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
As soon as my newbie status changes, I will write a review.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are now 3 reviews for this mask in the Mask Reviews Forum.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I already posted on my thoughts about the DreamWear and did a review, but will address it again. I don't sleep on my back since using the CPAP--too many chipmunk cheeks that I can't control. I have eliminated those while sleeping on my side without using a chin strap. I don't move much when sleeping--have a Temperpedic mattress and it is too hard to turn over without waking up. I seldom have problems with the DreamWear mase shifting. I've tried various bed pillows and settled on the one I have used for years before CPAP--a "memory foam" shaped pillow with a ridge in the front, then a lower spot for your head then another ridge in the back. I use the higher ridge in front. It is a firm pillow! I use a cheap latex version, not a real memory foam one--I found those too hard. Since the whole side of my face doesn't rest on the pillow I still get air through both sides and I'm 100% no air leaks. Not running SH yet but on DreamMapper my AHI is 1.9 for two week average. AHI daily figure has ranged .4 to 4.6. I love this mask--it has taken 6 weeks since starting the CPAP but the last few days I finally feel really comfortable with it. Have had the DW mask for 4 weeks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does anyone with a mustache use one of these? My husband is being fitted on Friday and we are thinking of requesting this mask. He is just starting with CPAP and has claustrophobia. I know he wouldn't be able to stand a FFM. We've been looking at this and the Aloha Nasal Pillow mask. Any suggestions on which would be better for someone with a full mustache? Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a fairly good caterpillar under my nose, and the P10 from Resmed works just fine for me, never a single leak, and once you get used to it, you really don't notice it is there at all - I posted a review of it when it first came out in the review section.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-26-2015, 08:27 PM)DocWils Wrote: I have a fairly good caterpillar under my nose, and the P10 from Resmed works just fine for me, never a single leak, and once you get used to it, you really don't notice it is there at all - I posted a review of it when it first came out in the review section.

Thanks DocWils for your response. We will check that one out also.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,058 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 181 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 158 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 132 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,178 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.