Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics EncoreViewer 2.0
Respironics EncoreViewer 2.0
Installed the software and it can't find (or read) the SD card. Has anyone used this new software? It doesn't seem to allow you to specify a drive to read.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics EncoreViewer 2.0
(09-01-2012, 07:43 PM)jfmusil Wrote: Installed the software and it can't find (or read) the SD card. Has anyone used this new software? It doesn't seem to allow you to specify a drive to read.

Can you see the SD card when you insert it into the reader? I mean, can you actually see the data on the card?

Assuming the answer to the above is yes, do you use the Data menu item on the top, or the Import button on the Navigation bar to the right? Bear in mind that you have to point it to the drive that your computer calls the SD card, not the folder on the SD card.

I hope that helps. If not, whether you use the Data menu item on the top or the Import button in the Navigation bar to the right, please specify exactly every button you click on and what you see at each point. It's really hard to troubleshoot software problems when you can't see exactly what the user sees. Thanks

Oops. Never mind. I saw from your profile that you were using SleepyHead and missed the fact that your problem was with Encore. Disregard everything I said. Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have a PR System One machine, but there's two Auto versions, the 550P and the 560P. You list in your profile that you have the newer Series 60 machine. I think the newer 60 series machines use a completely different type of file structure, which is why it doesn't yet work with the SleepyHead software... and the same issue might be happening with EncoreViewer 2.0 perhaps.

EDIT: Just checked with Supplier #1 on the Supplier List and they state on the website the following:

Quote:EncoreViewer Does Not Work With:

- PR System One REMStar 60 Series
- REMstar Choice
- REMstar LX
- PR System One REMstar BiPAP Auto SV Advanced

Bummer. Sorry about having to report this. Sad

If you paid for EncoreViewer 2.0, you may wish to return it and try to get your money back.

I do know folks are reporting that Mark is working on updating the open-source SleepyHead software to work with the newer 60 Series machines, but I'm not too confident on when or if that will actually happen.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I think maybe Encore Pro is what's needed for the Series 60. Not sure.

And I've never had to point Encore to the SD card. It finds it on it's own. There's no way to point it that I know of.

When I send my data to my DME via email file attachment he has to copy it to a SD card so his Encore can read it! Primitive and not user friendly. Even for the pros.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I read that the only software options works with PRS1 60 series are EncoreBasic and Encore Pro 2.8
SleepyHead is not yet compatible with the new models
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,031 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 228 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 671 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,404 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure Xsoldier2000 15 2,294 01-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Buck
  Respironics Recall Resolved Jeremy H 0 349 09-16-2023, 05:20 AM
Last Post: Jeremy H

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.