Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics Error Code Meaning
Respironics Error Code Meaning
I have a Philips Respironics Remstar Auto A-Flex with the System One heated humidifier. Have used it for about 4-5 years now.

Two nights ago after about 3-4 hours it started beeping and flashing. I couldn't shut it off by pressing the button so I unplugged it and quit it for the night.

Last night after three hours of use it started the double beep, the ramp light started flashing and the unit quit operating. The screen said "service required". I unplugged it and plugged it back in; the screen said 4.5cmH2O, but it worked normally for the rest of the night.

Do I still have a problem and if so, what might it be?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics Error Code Meaning
(06-17-2015, 08:47 AM)evrgreen Wrote: I have a Philips Respironics Remstar Auto A-Flex with the System One heated humidifier. Have used it for about 4-5 years now.

Two nights ago after about 3-4 hours it started beeping and flashing. I couldn't shut it off by pressing the button so I unplugged it and quit it for the night.

Last night after three hours of use it started the double beep, the ramp light started flashing and the unit quit operating. The screen said "service required". I unplugged it and plugged it back in; the screen said 4.5cmH2O, but it worked normally for the rest of the night.

E-5 ERR_FIQ_STACK_UNDERFLOW Defective RAM chip Replace Main PCA
Under info I found an E5 error code which translates as "E-5 ERR_FIQ_STACK_UNDERFLOW Defective RAM chip Replace Main PCA"

Does anyone know what a FIQ_STACK_UNDERFLOW IS or means? And why would the problem be intermittent? Might that mean it's not serious and might go away? (Hope, hope).

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi evrgreen,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
When you get that error code, that means yoou will need to take it back to have it checked.
Hang in there for more answers to your questions.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy and getting your machine checked out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2015, 09:47 AM)evrgreen Wrote:
(06-17-2015, 08:47 AM)evrgreen Wrote: I have a Philips Respironics Remstar Auto A-Flex with the System One heated humidifier. Have used it for about 4-5 years now.

E-5 ERR_FIQ_STACK_UNDERFLOW Defective RAM chip Replace Main PCA
Under info I found an E5 error code which translates as "E-5 ERR_FIQ_STACK_UNDERFLOW Defective RAM chip Replace Main PCA"

Does anyone know what a FIQ_STACK_UNDERFLOW IS or means? And why would the problem be intermittent? Might that mean it's not serious and might go away? (Hope, hope).

It means it's broken. 8-)

Unless you're good with a soldering iron and and can find and replace the bad chip, the unit is going to have to be repaired or replaced.

You should get a quote for repair, and see what a new one goes for online, then decide what to do. the machines are usually considered to have a 5 year lifetime, so you probably shouldn't spend a lot on repairs.

Terry

Post Reply Post Reply
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...E-0_-_E-20

Yeah, it's dead, Jim.

On the supplier's list are two repair places. You can try contacting them to see what they say or if they give estimates.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Did you actually see this error code displayed on the machine?

Not sure if the error codes apply to PR System One machines
Usually, unplugging/plugging sort it out
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it was under "INFO".
Post Reply Post Reply
One possible and less expensive problem is the power supply could be failing... or the connectors. But this suggestion is based on the idea the error is intermittent; generally speaking, a hardware failure, like RAM, is usually persistent. Dust or dirt on the PCA (printed circuit assembly) could also be a factor.

By persistent, I mean dies and stays dead. Repowering - or rebooting - usually won't fix a hard memory failure, and hints at the actual cause of the memory error is something else.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,073 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 231 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirTouch F20 mask date code? Labromaniac 4 425 02-14-2024, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 789 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 335 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
Gross DreamStation Error Front Panel drouou 2 185 02-10-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: drouou
  Central apnea, graphs' meaning and ASV machine settings GT26 4 248 02-09-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: GT26

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.