Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Understanding data
Understanding data
What does this really mean please ?

Details Most Recent Last Week
CPAP Usage
Average Hours per Night 06:03 06:00
Compliance 100% 86%
Therapy Efficacy
AHI 5.62 4.24
Obstructive Index 2.64 1.97
Hypopnea Index 2.64 2.10
Clear Airway Index 0.33 0.17
Leak Statistics
Average Leak Rate 3.34 8.67
90% Leak Rate 10.80 0.00
% of time above Leak Rate threshold 0.00% 0.73%
Pressure Statistics
Average Pressure 10.97 10.97
Min Pressure 6.62 6.58
Max Pressure 11.00 11.00
90% Pressure 11.00 0.00
Average EPAP 7.98 7.97
Min EPAP 4.04 4.02
Max EPAP 8.00 8.00
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: pressure change
Aknakon, I'm hoping a moderator will move this to a new thread since it is not relevant to the original poster, and you should get individual help.

those statistics are a one-night summary and what appears to be a 7-day average of your treatment statistics. What stands out is you are having about 30 apnea events each night over 6-hours of use, resulting in an AHI of about 5. Those events are mostly obstructive and hypopnea, which suggests you need more pressure to keep your airway from closing. You are using EPR (exhale pressure relief) of 3, so your CPAP pressure of 11.0 is reduced to 8.0 during exhalation. I suspect that this is when your obstructive events start.

You have a couple options to reduce the obstructive apnea. Either reduce EPR to 1 or 2, or increase your pressure by 1 or 2. Either option will avoid having EPAP pressure lower than your therapeutic needs.

Do you have a S9 Autoset or Elite? You may want to download the free #Sleepyhead program to get a better understanding of your therapy and data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: pressure change
Thanks for the help and My apologies fro being in the wrong thread.

I have the sleepyhead software as a matter of fact those statistics are taken from that software.

I have the "elite" which I think stands for "better than most but not really elite".

I will be getting a NEW machine in the next month or so. Im thinking S10 Autoset OR S9 Autoset.

I will make the adjustments now. Thx for the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Understanding data
Aknakon, welcome to the forum. A moderator moved your post to a separate thread, so no harm, no foul. I think you will find auto CPAP (Autoset) to be both comfortable and effective for you. My suggestions were based on fixed CPAP. Once you have auto-cpap, a pressure range can be used, and that can automatically take care of the changing pressure need through the night. Based on Sleepyhead, are your events spaced evenly through the night or clustered?

BTW, once you have 4 posts in, you can post the charts on the forum by attaching them, or using off-site image hosting as described here. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Understanding data
Aknakon,
Here is a link to The Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead. It should help in understanding your data.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Additionally, there is a youtube video that may help. I suggest that you google the phrase, "interpret your sleepyhead report data".

Good luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 80 3,263 6 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 542 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976
  [Treatment] Understanding rise in AHI PedroT 17 802 12-30-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: PedroT
  Help Understanding CA hollercollett 2 357 12-26-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: hollercollett
  Understanding Sleep Study Centennial2 17 787 12-22-2023, 10:02 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question [Diagnosis] Help Understanding Sleep Study and Titration Test DGJ1014 9 560 12-22-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Understanding OSCAR statistics GusHauck 13 653 11-30-2023, 07:22 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.