Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics M Series smart card special reader?
Respironics M Series smart card special reader?
Hello All,

Not new to Cpap but trying to modernize equipment. I'd like to move from a no data machine to a Phillips respironics M Series (out of production Oct 2010). I have no card but I see them for sale. Will I have to buy a special reader?

On CPAP 6 years, now at 9 since some weight loss. I'd like to read my own data.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics M Series smart card special reader?
Hi Billlee1955
If you,re asking about the machine listed in your profile (PRS1 460)
SuperSleeper has covered here (see post #2)
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...o-software

For M series machine, you,ll need the smart card, smart card reader and Encore Pro software to download the data
(SleepyHead don,t support this machine, SleepyHead only supports PRS1 machines)

If the machine is the Plus model, than would be complete waste of money as the Plus model shows no efficacy data other than how many hours using the machine each night

Edit: This should been posted in separate thread
I did not realize the title of the thread has been changed

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for noticing, Zonk. I have split this out to a new thread so folks will be better able to help Billlie1955. It sounds to me like the PR System 1 machine you have now doesn't collect data and you want to upgrade to a machine that will. The M series machines are pretty out dated now. Where is it that you see them for sale? If you're checking craigslist you can occasionally spot newer machines for sale at good prices. Also, if you check out the Apnea Board Supplier List http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List you'll find that they have good prices on used machines and they do have a good reputation for reliable service.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Why does it say PRS1 460 in your profile? What CPAP machine do you actually have currently?

Where are you going to get the M series machine, and what model is it?
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am unsure of the model. It has a data card slot which I suppose could be non functioning. I thought the machine was more up-to-date. Spotlessly clean, new filter and humidifier tank, Craigslist $80. I keep my eye out for a better solution.

Trying C flex for the first time. I don't car for it; maybe I am acclimated to a constant pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have and use the model that preceeded the M Series and it uses encore pro with an Infineer Card Reader. The drivers are available on-line. The cards come with the machine but are also available at some internet suppliers and probably by Infineer. Infineer has a website but if you have other questions I can probably find the answer. The M series for $80.00 sounds like a good deal. If you want to get a newer model later it will still be a good backup machine. The problem is my machines never seem to die so I just keep using them even after newer models come out.
GeneS
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,065 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 371 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,010 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,478 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Smart Watches/devices Fourkidletts 172 16,468 03-02-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 231 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 787 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.