Respironics Model: BiPAP Auto Core Pkg-N.A. Model No. 1017442 Respironics Encore Pro
philowerx Offline

New Members

Machine: Respironics BiPAP AUTO CORE Pkg-N.A. Model No. 1017442
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Ultra Mirage
Humidifier: Respironics REMstar Heated Humidifier Model No. 1005792
CPAP Pressure: AbPAP / min EPAP 6.0 cm H2O /
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
Respironics Model: BiPAP Auto Core Pkg-N.A. Model No. 1017442 Respironics Encore Pro
My apnea hasn't fixed itself so I'm trying yet again to master the CPAP.
I have a Respironics
Model: BiPAP Auto Core Pkg-N.A.
Model No. 1017442
Respironics Encore Pro Smart Card
I have a problem where I blow out of my mouth once I'm super relaxed so I switched from a Mirage Swift FX and chin strap to a ResMed Ultra Mirage Full Face Mask. There's no more blow out but I'm really relaxed and close to sleep I'm noticing the frequently enough to startle, the whole mask jumps at the moment I go from exhale to inhale. My settings were: AbPAP / min EPAP 6.0 cm H2O / max IPAP 9.0 cm H2O / max PS 3.0 cm H2O / Rise 3 / Ramp 0:00 /
Start 0:00 / Patient 0 / Light 0 / Nights 15

Today we made changes but I'm still having that mask jump. Here are the new settings:
AbPAP / min EPAP 6.0 cm H2O / max IPAP 9.0 cm H2O / max PS 3.0 cm H2O / Rise 2 / Ramp 0:00 /
Start 0:00 / Patient 1 / Light 0 / Nights 15

Any ideas on changes to smooth this out and anybody have clinician's manual?
many thanks,
philowerx
08-30-2013 07:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Sex: Female

RE: Respironics Model: BiPAP Auto Core Pkg-N.A. Model No. 1017442 Respironics Encore Pro
Hi philowerx,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your questions, someone will be able to help you soon.
Best of luck mastering CPAP therapy, it can take lots of PATIENCE.!

trish6hundred
08-30-2013 08:08 PM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: Respironics Model: BiPAP Auto Core Pkg-N.A. Model No. 1017442 Respironics Encore Pro
6 inhale and 9 exhale is not enough to make the mask jump like that. Have you tried to tighten it just a little, tiny bit at a time until it stops? You can try this while sitting up with it on (or lay down). Take a big breath in then let it out like a heavy sigh. Between that and the pressure, you should be able to make the tightening that way vs when you lay down to sleep.

And I do mean tighten in teeny tiny amounts. Over tightening can cause leaks (and lots of pain!).

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
08-30-2013 10:36 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
vsheline Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Adapt (USA Model# 36007, not better 36037 or 36067)
Mask Make & Model: F10 or SimPlus w/ 2Liners. MirageQuatro & Gecko gel pad
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 15 EPAP, PS 5-10
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Marfan Syndrome, chronic bradycardia, occasional Cheyne-Stokes Respiration

Sex: Male

(08-30-2013 07:58 PM)philowerx Wrote:  I have a Respironics
Model: BiPAP Auto Core Pkg-N.A.
Model No. 1017442

BiPAP Auto BiLevel with Bi-Flex

... I'm noticing the frequently enough to startle, the whole mask jumps at the moment I go from exhale to inhale.
Today we made changes but I'm still having that mask jump. Here are the new settings:
AbPAP / min EPAP 6.0 cm H2O / max IPAP 9.0 cm H2O / max PS 3.0 cm H2O / Rise 2 / Ramp 0:00 /
Start 0:00 / Patient 1 / Light 0 / Nights 15

Any ideas on changes to smooth this out and anybody have clinician's manual?

Hi philowerx, welcome to the forum!

I think the right manual is available via email by request from this page:
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

I think your manual would be called:
Respironics BiPAP Auto with Bi-flex (not the "M" series, not the "PR System One")

Adjusting the Rise to a lower setting would slightly slow down how quickly the pressure changes (how quickly the mask "jumps") but I think would not change how far the mask moves (how far the mask jumps when the pressure jumps).

Just as we are falling asleep, it is not unusual that we may have a few central apneas. Maybe your machine is sensing these apneas and is suddenly increasing the Pressure in response?

The best thing to do may be to simply ignore this - accept it, not react, just let yourself continue to fall asleep.

Or, perhaps it would help to try (at least for a while) using straight BiPAP mode, with EPAP 6.0 cm H2O / IPAP 9.0 cm H2O.

I don't know what data may be available from that unit, but if you are not set up to read its non-standard data card, you might consider buying a Pulse-Oximeter such as the CMS-50D Plus or CMS-50F, so you will have at least some data on how well your therapy is working.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2013 03:04 AM by vsheline.)
09-01-2013 03:02 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Equipment] Respironics blower failure SleepyinMTL 2 65 Today 12:52 AM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [Pressure] How to change pressure - Respironics Solo slgoltz 5 19,960 11-30-2016 06:32 PM
Last Post: randx2
  Encore Pro Software boatman 26 23,604 11-30-2016 08:44 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  New User Problem with BiPAP AVAPS - Part 1 jmayer180 35 1,260 11-27-2016 09:50 AM
Last Post: jmayer180
  [split] Phillips-Respironics DreamWear questions somnia16 6 658 11-19-2016 07:13 PM
Last Post: mcsheltie
  First time Bipap User, years of suffering SleepyMersim 18 621 11-16-2016 11:46 PM
Last Post: Galactus
  Ever try to call Philips Respironics for tech support? old dude 9 5,059 11-14-2016 12:27 AM
Last Post: Md Hoq