Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics Model: BiPAP Auto Core Pkg-N.A. Model No. 1017442 Respironics Encore Pro
Respironics Model: BiPAP Auto Core Pkg-N.A. Model No. 1017442 Respironics Encore Pro
My apnea hasn't fixed itself so I'm trying yet again to master the CPAP.
I have a Respironics
Model: BiPAP Auto Core Pkg-N.A.
Model No. 1017442
Respironics Encore Pro Smart Card
I have a problem where I blow out of my mouth once I'm super relaxed so I switched from a Mirage Swift FX and chin strap to a ResMed Ultra Mirage Full Face Mask. There's no more blow out but I'm really relaxed and close to sleep I'm noticing the frequently enough to startle, the whole mask jumps at the moment I go from exhale to inhale. My settings were: AbPAP / min EPAP 6.0 cm H2O / max IPAP 9.0 cm H2O / max PS 3.0 cm H2O / Rise 3 / Ramp 0:00 /
Start 0:00 / Patient 0 / Light 0 / Nights 15

Today we made changes but I'm still having that mask jump. Here are the new settings:
AbPAP / min EPAP 6.0 cm H2O / max IPAP 9.0 cm H2O / max PS 3.0 cm H2O / Rise 2 / Ramp 0:00 /
Start 0:00 / Patient 1 / Light 0 / Nights 15

Any ideas on changes to smooth this out and anybody have clinician's manual?
many thanks,
philowerx
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics Model: BiPAP Auto Core Pkg-N.A. Model No. 1017442 Respironics Encore Pro
Hi philowerx,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your questions, someone will be able to help you soon.
Best of luck mastering CPAP therapy, it can take lots of PATIENCE.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics Model: BiPAP Auto Core Pkg-N.A. Model No. 1017442 Respironics Encore Pro
6 inhale and 9 exhale is not enough to make the mask jump like that. Have you tried to tighten it just a little, tiny bit at a time until it stops? You can try this while sitting up with it on (or lay down). Take a big breath in then let it out like a heavy sigh. Between that and the pressure, you should be able to make the tightening that way vs when you lay down to sleep.

And I do mean tighten in teeny tiny amounts. Over tightening can cause leaks (and lots of pain!).
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-30-2013, 07:58 PM)philowerx Wrote: I have a Respironics
Model: BiPAP Auto Core Pkg-N.A.
Model No. 1017442

BiPAP Auto BiLevel with Bi-Flex

... I'm noticing the frequently enough to startle, the whole mask jumps at the moment I go from exhale to inhale.
Today we made changes but I'm still having that mask jump. Here are the new settings:
AbPAP / min EPAP 6.0 cm H2O / max IPAP 9.0 cm H2O / max PS 3.0 cm H2O / Rise 2 / Ramp 0:00 /
Start 0:00 / Patient 1 / Light 0 / Nights 15

Any ideas on changes to smooth this out and anybody have clinician's manual?

Hi philowerx, welcome to the forum!

I think the right manual is available via email by request from this page:
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

I think your manual would be called:
Respironics BiPAP Auto with Bi-flex (not the "M" series, not the "PR System One")

Adjusting the Rise to a lower setting would slightly slow down how quickly the pressure changes (how quickly the mask "jumps") but I think would not change how far the mask moves (how far the mask jumps when the pressure jumps).

Just as we are falling asleep, it is not unusual that we may have a few central apneas. Maybe your machine is sensing these apneas and is suddenly increasing the Pressure in response?

The best thing to do may be to simply ignore this - accept it, not react, just let yourself continue to fall asleep.

Or, perhaps it would help to try (at least for a while) using straight BiPAP mode, with EPAP 6.0 cm H2O / IPAP 9.0 cm H2O.

I don't know what data may be available from that unit, but if you are not set up to read its non-standard data card, you might consider buying a Pulse-Oximeter such as the CMS-50D Plus or CMS-50F, so you will have at least some data on how well your therapy is working.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,026 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 247 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 228 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  what model is this? airwaystent 8 382 02-05-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Psychotech
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 671 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  My inspiratory time is higher than expiratory on Auto S Bipap Stubert 3 378 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.