Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Respironics Nuance / Pro Mask Review
RE: Respironics Nuance Pro Mask Review
(01-29-2014, 11:34 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Further proof that you are very, very weird.

(note that you are the weird one, not me.)

WOW, you needed further proof?? You must be very slow on the uptake, hahahahahhahaha!
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics Nuance Pro
(01-26-2014, 02:30 PM)Bompa Wrote: After almost 3 years of trying mask after mask, after mask. Eureka!!!

My DME has let me try a Resperonics Nuance Pro Nasal Pillow mask.
WOW!!! I am sure impressed. It's very comfortable, lightweight, and super quiet. Since being on it now for 2 weeks I find a substantial difference in my numbers and sleep quality.

The only negative with the Pro model, I find, are the Gel Pads that fit the cheek. I find they make me sweat and therefore itch. Next time around I'll try the cloth model.

IMHO it's a great mask.
Bompa
Sleep-wellCoffee
I have the cloth. love it.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics Nuance Pro
(01-28-2014, 10:40 AM)jonne4c Wrote: Also, in the settings of the System One machine I can change the Resistance Control based upon the mask I use. I can't find the Nuance Pro in any of the literature. Old pillows are a setting X1 or X2, does it matter?

X2 is stamped on the side of the pillows.

Quote:Finally, my 6' hose is a 22 cm, but the Nuance Pro short hose is 15 cm. In my humidifier setup, should I choose 22 or 15? Does it matter?

Leave it at 22 cm because that's the size of the 6 ft hose.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just tried this mask last night for the first time. I have the hose routed upward towards my forehead. I think the exhaust port design will make things better for my partner. The air jet is directed downward compared the mask I'm used to, which is the Opus 360.

Overall I found the mask comfortable and easy to adjust. Quiet, too. When it leaked I found it easy to pull the pillows away and reseat them to fix the problem.

I have the pro with the gel on the straps. They leave less of a mark than the Opus 360 does. They don't sit flat against my cheeks, though. I may try the cloth straps next.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepster try moving the head strap so that the side straps come down further and rest on your cheeks. Also try and get the lower strap under the back of your head, I find the further down it is the better the gel sits on my cheeks.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've got the headstrap as long as possible, but I'll try moving it. The back strap, too.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
It seems that on more nights than not something happens and the pillows get unseated in the mask. I have to take the mask off and fiddle with it. Kind of annoying.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
It's tricky to get it fitted right. Sit up during the day and find the right adjustment. It took me a while to find it.

Adjust the temple straps until it is low enough to not let the side straps get in your eyes. Then adjust the side straps until the mask is tight enough but not so much your nose is wrinkled.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I had better luck with it last night. I think the problem is that I wasn't providing enough slack in the hose. I route it up through the loop in the head strap and it slips, pulling the nasal pillows upward so they don't seal properly on my nostrils and they pop out of the frame that holds them in place.

Stupid of me not to have figured this out before! Dont-know

Now if I could just decide which size fits me better, small or medium.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
I stopped using the hose loop. I had a lot of leaks using that. I just could not find a place that worked. Now I just toss it over the pillow and that's that.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) AndyB 17 10,222 02-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: getzall
  [Product Review] The Respironics Wisp Nasal Mask trish6hundred 75 74,362 12-16-2021, 07:56 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] Phillips-Respironics DreamWear Crimson Nape 56 61,261 10-20-2021, 10:41 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
Thumbsup [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 - A Comprehensive Review and Helpful Tips RayBee 17 13,032 10-09-2021, 06:14 AM
Last Post: berkshire17
  [Product Review] Philips Respironics Dreamwear Full Face Mask FLsleeper7 10 7,709 04-20-2020, 02:47 PM
Last Post: hmonnier
Wink [Product Review] ResMed AirFit N30i Review/Comparison with DreamWear srlevine1 5 8,622 12-13-2019, 05:35 PM
Last Post: Feedsack
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit F20 FF mask review StevesSp 6 4,708 10-16-2019, 04:50 PM
Last Post: ragtopcircus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.