Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Respironics Nuance / Pro Mask Review
RE: Respironics Nuance Pro Mask Review
And it is still on the Respironics website. Both kinds of "frames".
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
love this mask, had been trying the P10 Nasal Pillows, but it kept falling off my head, lol. Love that I can adjust this mask, and the pillows fit so nicely in the nose...

Now to get the body/mind adjusted to breathing at night...:-)

Stephen
Post Reply Post Reply
After using the P10 for a month I came back to the Nuance Pro. The P10 just didn't seal well. I even tried the mods on the P10 as mentioned in the P10 review. Hoping the new Nuance mask will last longer than the previous. Also, will make sure to replace it every 3 months as recommended by Medicare.

(06-16-2014, 04:25 PM)DaveKaye Wrote: My Nuance masks have totally deteriorated in a short period. The back strap has some sort of glue stuff on it that got sticky and the side gel pieces came out while on vacation. I had to use Super Glue to get them to stay in their molds. Not recommended for use because of durability problems, not because of design. I will try the new AirFit P10 nasal pillows that are now on the ResMed site. It looks like they are just producing the AirFits and the Swifts on their site for Nasal Pillows.

Post Reply Post Reply
Did you get a new one? My new one, not a pro, the back strap wasn't as sticky as before and is holding up much better.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics Nuance / Pro Mask Review
Tried the non-pro fabric version last night - wow - first mask I've been able to keep on for 8+ hours. Only thing I don't care for is the straps going over my ears, but that's minor.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
Adjust the top straps so the other straps are lower or higher (whichever fits you better). That should fix it.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2015, 10:03 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Adjust the top straps so the other straps are lower or higher (whichever fits you better). That should fix it.

Sure did! Thanks. Went a full night for the second night in a row.
Used the medium cushion, and had very low leaks and a 2.8 AHI. I think we have a keeper, here!

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
Well, this is going to be old news here but...

Thanks to everyone for their reviews on the Nuance masks. I've been using the Airfit P10 for about a year; pretty happy with it except for the semi-disposable backstrap.

Tried the Nuance Pro... it's not quite as comfortable for me as the P10, and I find it's a bit louder for me, but still tolerable. I am finding the seal works much better for me. I'm a side sleeper and it's been a huge challenge finding a good seal that doesn't leak when I turn during the night.

About two weeks in with the Nuance Pro, and I've had many nights with AHI less than five... I seem to be averaging around 2.5.

It's comfortable enough, quiet enough, and the therapy results are the best I've had to date. So, I'm giving it two thumbs up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Warmbear, I moved your post to here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid172486

PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Parkerdt, moved your post to its own thread on the Main Forum. You can find it here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...e-question
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) AndyB 17 10,232 02-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: getzall
  [Product Review] The Respironics Wisp Nasal Mask trish6hundred 75 74,373 12-16-2021, 07:56 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] Phillips-Respironics DreamWear Crimson Nape 56 61,279 10-20-2021, 10:41 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
Thumbsup [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 - A Comprehensive Review and Helpful Tips RayBee 17 13,041 10-09-2021, 06:14 AM
Last Post: berkshire17
  [Product Review] Philips Respironics Dreamwear Full Face Mask FLsleeper7 10 7,714 04-20-2020, 02:47 PM
Last Post: hmonnier
Wink [Product Review] ResMed AirFit N30i Review/Comparison with DreamWear srlevine1 5 8,631 12-13-2019, 05:35 PM
Last Post: Feedsack
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit F20 FF mask review StevesSp 6 4,712 10-16-2019, 04:50 PM
Last Post: ragtopcircus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.