Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dry mouth with dreamwear mouth mask
RE: Dry mouth with dreamwear mouth mask
You’re welcome any questions just ask. 

Level 3? Not sure what you’re referring to in that context. If it’s the humidifier no wonder you have a dry mouth. Bring it up to 5 with a hose temp of 86F.
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
I think 3 in this case is referring to a CPAP pressure setting, which indicates the someone that suggested that setting doesn't have a clue about CPAP therapy. Most machines start at 4 and go to 20. Measured in cm H2O.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave... regarding that chinstrap, my doctor wanted me to try it, but I said I won't wear a vice on my head. (I call it a vice!) I've been taping my mouth for 5 years and it works just fine in keeping my mouth closed, so why should I use anything else?  You seem to like the nose mask (with taping or a chinstrap) and to be honest, I really liked the nose mask the best, but the Dr. said I had much better numbers with the nasal pillow that leans against your nose, so that will be what I go back to if the mouth mask doesn't work.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2019, 09:27 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I think 3 in this case is referring to a CPAP pressure setting, which indicates the someone that suggested that setting doesn't have a clue about CPAP therapy. Most machines start at 4 and go to 20. Measured in cm H2O.

My thoughts exactly. To the OP, if you are indeed at the lowest pressure of 4 it’s not the pressure that is too much, it’s the lack of pressure that’s making it hard to breathe. Most adults need at least a minimum of 6 or 7 to start to be comfortable.
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2019, 12:20 AM)Lycanthrope Wrote: Dave... regarding that chinstrap, my doctor wanted me to try it, but I said I won't wear a vice on my head. (I call it a vice!) I've been taping my mouth for 5 years and it works just fine in keeping my mouth closed, so why should I use anything else?  You seem to like the nose mask (with taping or a chinstrap) and to be honest, I really liked the nose mask the best, but the Dr. said I had much better numbers with the nasal pillow that leans against your nose, so that will be what I go back to if the mouth mask doesn't work.

Thanks for your response!
straps, wedges, hats...oh my.  (I worked for 3M for 15 years in Canada. Tape. Oh my.  )

So you've done this a while....I have too.  I have good numbers now, because I participate here. I'm very grateful.

Biggest change for me was finding this forum.
Second biggest---using Sleepyhead software and getting help here. 
Even better---using OSCAR now. It's easy.

Why is it good? Well if I had to rely upon my sleep doc it took months and months to get an answer, and it was always "I'll increase your pressure"
Now if I feel like crap I stick my SD card from my machine in my computer and read it using OSCAR.  Then I post here, and someone with more experience than me actually  tells me what's going on.

Observations?  masks don't last like they used to, but they're better so it's worth it. 
Benefits don't help me.  They have 2 rules. "don't pay".  "pay as little as we can".  "delay paying". (I know. That's 3.)

Preferences.  A good machine. Wish I had an autopap. A good humidifier, with a large reservoir. A heated hose.  A good device to support my hose.  A CPAP pillow.  A good night's sleep!
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 358 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 309 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,075 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 795 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 8 1,164 03-08-2024, 09:37 PM
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 495 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.