Respironics PR System One REMstar Auto with A-flex [copied from old forum]
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Sex: Male

Respironics PR System One REMstar Auto with A-flex [copied from old forum]
ken51937 Wrote:5

I have got my Respironics PR System One REMstar Auto with A-flex for a month now and I am quite happy with it.

After doing some research in many Apnea communities, I notice that Respironics has made some enhancement on their PR System One REMstar Auto with A-flex. The major improvement are back-lite display and reduce noise. I ask my wife if she has heard the machine noise and answer is no. I could not say it is the most quiet in the market or not as I has not tested all other models, but it is noticeable quiet.

The drawback of this machine still is the display is not back-lite during therapy mode. So, you are not able to see the operating status mainly the pressure at night without turn on another lamp. Another issue is the info. on the display, it would be nice if it can show daily info. besides the average data. I strongly suggest Respironics to enhance these and allow user able to update the firmware through SD cards.

However, if you weight the pro and con of features and it price tag, this is not a bad choice. To get this 2011 new enhanced version, suggest you ask and request your supplier when place order. Otherwise, you may get the older model.

Rating :

5 of 5 ( considering price factor )
4.5 of 5 ( considering only feature and performance )
02-18-2012 12:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
cbramsey Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage FX
Humidifier: ResMed H5i with ClimateLine
CPAP Pressure: 6 - 12
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Supreme Overlord of Web Darkness

RE: Respironics PR System One REMstar Auto with A-flex [copied from old forum]
I received the Respironics System One Auto with A-Flex on November 2, 2011.

It is a great machine. Very quiet and I love how it tracks data on a standard SD card. Works well with SleepyHead software to give you the ability to look at and gather data trends.

I like how easy this machine is to change settings.

I would like the ability to update the firmware. I haven't found anything online as to how to change this. Asked my DME about updating the firmware version.

They had no idea as to how to do that.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
03-27-2012 08:23 PM
greatunclebill Offline

Members-b

Machine: Respironics System one Auto A-Flex
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: System one
CPAP Pressure: 8-12
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreViewer

Other Comments: quattro fx full face

(03-27-2012 08:23 PM)cbramsey Wrote:  I received the Respironics System One Auto with A-Flex on November 2, 2011.

It is a great machine. Very quiet and I love how it tracks data on a standard SD card. Works well with SleepyHead software to give you the ability to look at and gather data trends.

I like how easy this machine is to change settings.

I would like the ability to update the firmware. I haven't found anything online as to how to change this. Asked my DME about updating the firmware version.

They had no idea as to how to do that.

my wife and i have twin duelin' system one automatic a-flex's. we love them. my wife got her's paid for by insurance and when i replaced mine i had to do it out of pocket because i was well short of the five year replacement. i could have bought anything, but chose to get another system one because we liked hers so much and.... it was so much cheaper. people talk of them being noisy. i don't think so. if one of us gets up at night we don't even know if the other is wearing it because we hear nothing out of either one. you need to get and run encore viewer if you don't. it don't have all the flashy sleepyhead stuff, but in it's own way is better once you get used to it. it's good to have both and compare. if you need it pm me for a place to download encore viewer and pro. i think its here someplace too.
03-27-2012 09:02 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

Xeroid, I moved your post to here in the Main Forum where it will get better responses than in the Review Forum.

It can be found here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ith-A-flex
09-19-2012 09:48 PM
Duckdog58 Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: PR1
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: unsure
CPAP Pressure: 11
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments:

Okay, I know I'm a newb, but this is a good machine?

What is a not so good machine? I would gladly trade for something much, much more simple.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2012 06:20 PM by Duckdog58.)
10-07-2012 06:19 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Phillips Respironics DreamStation CPAP Pro Bompa 7 1,976 07-12-2016 07:24 AM
Last Post: KSMatthew
  Respironics System One REMstar Pro C-Flex+ [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 9 11,615 11-18-2015 04:05 AM
Last Post: cate1898
  Resmed S9 Escape [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 6 7,633 02-04-2015 03:47 AM
Last Post: truckerdad57
  ResMed S9 AutoSet CPAP [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 44 40,852 04-04-2014 06:15 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Information How to Review a Product in this forum SuperSleeper 0 7,834 02-20-2012 09:56 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  PR SystemOne BPAP Auto w/Bi-Flex [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 0 3,133 02-18-2012 12:03 AM
  RemStar M series P Machine [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 0 3,038 02-17-2012 11:56 PM