Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Respironics Premium Chin Strap III
Respironics Premium Chin Strap III

I got this on 8/11/2015. I started using my new Resmed Autoset S-10 on 7/17/2015. I had large leak issues from the start, which apparently continued from my old machine, an S-8.

So, I have large leak issues. I didn't believe I was a mouth breather as it didn't wake me up at night. Overall I usually wake up well slept and refreshed, even with large leaks. All my other #'s are very low, including the all important AHI, which is usually/almost 100% less than 1.0

This product is relatively inexpensive, even if you had to pay out of pocket.
It does what it is designed to do, keep your mouth closed.

This is THE ONLY chinstrap I have tried, so I have nothing to compare it to. It was recommended by my Sleep Tech. That being said, it is extremely  comfortable, easy to use and maintain. It seems to be very durable. I have seen some reviews online at different sites talking of bulk, being to warm etc. I have found none of these to be an issue. It is like anything else, a slow process making adjustments, seeing if things get better or worse etc.

I can not find any negative with this product. If you feel you need a chinstrap, this would be a good 1st choice, even if you had to try a few to find one you like I would recommend this to anyone.

The proof to me is my LL's were ALWAYS in the 40-60% range, and now I'm constantly between 10-20% and finding little tweaks to get it even lower.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics Premium Chin Strap III
Nice review.. good info. Thanks ginzo !

Thumbs-up-2
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks SuperSleeper. I just followed the great guidance that was offered here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...orum--5547

Hope it helps someone along the line.

I had a thread about LL's and some members helped me solve my problem. A donation will be forth coming. What a GREAT FORUM!!

Chuck
Post Reply Post Reply
I just wanted to add this quick update. As stated, I purchased/received this product on 8/11/2015. I decided to wash it yesterday per instructions I found on the net. (Can not find them now). It was recommended to "hand wash" with liquid detergent, hand dry. I did, and although it is still usable, it has separated in a few places and is poorly constructed.

I will be calling the DME on Monday to see if they will warranty it, or at least find out how long before I am eligible for a replacement.

If DEFINITELY does its job, but VERY disappointed with lifespan.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2015, 07:22 AM)ginzo Wrote: I just wanted to add this quick update. As stated, I purchased/received this product on 8/11/2015. I decided to wash it yesterday per instructions I found on the net. (Can not find them now). It was recommended to "hand wash" with liquid detergent, hand dry. I did, and although it is still usable, it has separated in a few places and is poorly constructed.

I will be calling the DME on Monday to see if they will warranty it, or at least find out how long before I am eligible for a replacement.

If DEFINITELY does its job, but VERY disappointed with lifespan.  
Wow, Chuck! Very valuable update.  What happened?

Best,

Harv
Thanks to everyone who helps us get a better night's sleep.

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Does anyone have the instructions for this? Because....well.....I'm kind of dense. xD
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Philips Respironics Slim Lightweight White Performance Hose (6 foot) DancesWithCats 0 386 12-23-2023, 10:05 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] Ultimate chin strap Walla Walla 6 5,868 02-10-2019, 03:14 PM
Last Post: MitchS
Thumbsup [Product Review] PAD A CHEEK Original (face mask strap pads) richb 5 3,704 09-21-2018, 11:54 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
Idea [Product Review] UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) for CPAP - PAP Battery Kit by Phillips Respironics dk2011 2 3,994 06-24-2018, 06:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Product Review] Avalon Aire Super Delux Chin Strap MobileBasset 10 7,581 09-16-2015, 05:49 PM
Last Post: ginzo
  [Product Review] Carefusion ruby chin strap bryank1 3 6,346 08-29-2015, 09:35 AM
Last Post: big_dave
  [Product Review] Premium CPAP Hose Holder by Dura Care MobileBasset 0 5,124 06-01-2015, 10:27 AM
Last Post: MobileBasset

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.